Looks like Christmas came early for Canadian taxpayers: the news leaked that the much-criticized F-35 military jet purchase, first estimated at or or or $40 Billion, has been cancelled, according to a Postmedia report.
Did Harper finally come to his senses about a fighter jet which was said to have zero communication functionality in Nordic areas, have radar issues, a host of technical problems and ever-growing costs.
STORY CONTINUES BELOW SLIDESHOW
The first order should be for Canada to use the money to buy back its once-pristine international reputation. Should $40B not suffice, Canadians might contemplate how the PM could spend the cash!
- Build sustainable permanent homes for Attawapiskat residents and the neighbouring reserve which declared a state of emergency last week.
- Bailout Québec and erase other have-not provinces' debt.
- Redo the census -- this time with the long-form and with respect for important data collection.
- Restore funding to Refugee Healthcare so the cancer-stricken Pakistani man in Saskatchewan can get his meds.
- Resurrect respect for science-based evidence: restore funding to Experimental Lakes Area.
- Heed to Hillary: restore funding to all maternal health in Third World countries as prescribed by US Secretary of State Clinton.
- Restore confidence in beef exports by returning funding to the food inspection agency.
- Put the National childcare program back on the table
- Keep the top-performing national museum of Civilization as-is; build a national Canadian History Museum in another location.
- Give full support to the Veterans Burial fund. Our men and women deserve this after the sacrifice they've made for our country.