Music and fashion icon David Bowie passed away on Jan. 10, 2016 after an 18-month battle with cancer.
The Brixton-born musician, who celebrated his 69th birthday on Jan. 8, was no doubt one of the most influential artists in the world, and was known for pushing the boundaries when it came to style. His groundbreaking outfits even inspired a dedicated retrospective at the V&A museum in the U.K. that also travelled to Toronto, among other locations.
Following the news of the "Heroes" singer's death, a gif of Bowie's ever-changing look has been shared by thousands of fans as a tribute. Created by Helen Green, a 23-year-old artist based in the U.K., these drawings are just some of many pieces by the Birmingham-based illustrator that capture Bowie's style beautifully.
"It’s become somewhat of a tradition for me to create something to celebrate David Bowie’s birthday - a little token of appreciation for someone that has inspired me so much over the years," Green told the official David Bowie Facebook page in January 2015 when she first published her animation. "This year I decided to put my inspiration in motion."
Upon learning the news of his death, Green tweeted the following:
You can check out more of Green's incredible Bowie illustrations below. To learn more about her work, visit www.helengreenillustration.com.
More on David Bowie
- Music Legend Dies After Battle With Cancer
- Chris Hadfield Pays Tribute To One Of His Heroes, David Bowie
- David Bowie Tributes Pour In For 'One Of The Greatest Performance Artists To Have Ever Lived'
- David Bowie's Final Video, 'Lazarus,' Was His Message To The World About Death
- David Bowie Wife, Iman, Confirmed Their Marriage Was 'As Fabulous As You All Would Think'