Having a video these days is key to expanding your brand and increasing client retention. Just think of what you prefer when you land on a site -- how many videos do you watch that have been shared by your friends. What videos have you seen go viral in the past that have really left a strong impression? And when you land on a website and want to learn more about a service, what would you prefer to do, watch a 1 minute video or read pages of copy? In an August 2010 report from comScore, online retail shoppers who watch video spend about two minutes more on that site and are 64% more likely to buy compared to others.
To boost your bottom line and drive growth, here are the 5 reasons video is essential:
- Engage - Let's face it, we have about 10 seconds to get someone's attention on our website before they get bored and leave. You may think that having a lot of relevant content is going to pump your search engine rankings on Google, but if it's a snore fest, you're headed straight towards irrelevant and fast. Video will at least peak curiosity on the chance that you may have something interesting to share. The likelihood a visitor will click that play button is much higher than the likelihood they will read an entire page of text.
- Entertain - Of course once they do click that button you better have them captivated! Emotionally connecting with your audience is the key to instilling your brand and leaving an impact. An entertaining video will prompt further action; you have engaged your audience and they will feel connected with you on an emotional level. That is the KEY to converting a lead into a client.
- Explain - Depending on what your business objectives are, explaining what your company does through video is highly advisable. If you can't hire actors or have a tight budget then it's a good idea to use an illustration based video that tells a story. People love watching those informative, hand drawn, common craft videos that make things seem so simple, which is key to getting your point across. When the viewer understands it in a way that resonates with them, you are one step closer to transforming that person into a client.
- Evolve - Portraying your brand and company as a current and relevant player in your industry will help you stand out from your competitors and show your target audience that you get it! When you create engaging content, you are telling your audience that you care about connecting with them especially when you provide entertainment and/or resources they appreciate. Always believe that your audience wants to work with you or buy your product, and if that is the case why you not give it your all to convince them that they should? If you look like a company who understands what your target audience needs and conveys the message in a way that is compelling to them, they will see you as a leader in your industry and immediately you start to build brand loyalty.
- Expand - When you have succeeded in emotionally connecting with your audience, engaging them on a personal level and showing them that you understand their needs by entertaining them and valuing their time, they will share. All of a sudden you have your audience marketing for you. That's when you know you've hit the nail on the head. That's when you see the bottom line starting to increase and your clients engaging with your brand in ways that you have always hoped! If your video is super creative and engaging you may just go viral!
Give the people something to share! People enjoy sharing fun, hilarious, and emotionally engaging content and it's one of the best ways to increase your brand's reach. Having multiple promotional videos can help increase your online and social media presence and ensure that you stay ahead of your competition.