Comedy superstars AIB have lent their considerable weight to the Net Neutrality debate, and their video couldn’t be better timed, as it comes with less than two weeks before TRAI’s deadline for the consultation paper.
As you would expect, they’re leaning very much on the side of internet freedom, explaining the enormity of debate in layman’s terms. “Right at this very moment, Indian telecom companies are lobbying the Telecom Regulatory Authority Of India to enact a regulation in a way that will change the way Indians are using the internet forever.” says Tanmay Bhat in the video.
The 9-minute video explains why you should care about net neutrality, and digs into some of the more egregious points in TRAI’s consultation paper, quoting from a Medianama report on how data usage is making more revenue for Airtel every quarter. It ends with a link to savetheinternet.in, which has a pre-written response to the 20 questions in the TRAI consultation paper which can be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 8 Indian Tech Startups Speak On Airtel Zero And Net Neutrality
- Blow To Net Neutrality As Airtel Launches Marketing Platform
- Act Now: India's Telecos And Regulators Are Trying To Kill Open Internet
- Indian Regulator Invites Consultation To Regulate WhatsApp, Viber, Other OTT Services
- Blog: Mandating US-Style Network Neutrality Makes Little Sense For India
- Blog: Is Net Neutrality More Important Than Internet Access? Why Babajob Is On Internet.org
- Odisha MP Tathagata Satpathy Writes Letter To TRAI Chairman Supporting Net Neutrality