The Election Commission has announced that Delhi will go to polls on February 8 and the results will be announced on February 11. While the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) is trying to retain power, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is trying to stage a comeback. Congress is also locked in an intense battle with the BJP and AAP in Delhi.
The best way to make sure you have a say in who will govern Delhi next is simply by voting. To vote, you must be in the electoral roll of the Election Commission of India (EC).
Here’s how to check if your name is on the voter list:
- Go to the website of the National Voters’ Services Portal (NVSP).
- Go to its ‘electoral search’ page.
- You can either search by details or Elector’s Photo Identity Card (EPIC) number.
- In the ‘search by details’ option, fill in the required fields and click on ‘search’.
- In the search by EPIC number, fill in the number and your state and click on ‘search’. The number is printed on your voter id.
If your name is not in the electoral roll, here is how you can register to vote.