President, MasterWord Services, Inc.
MasterWord Services, Inc.
Ludmila (Mila) Rusakova Golovine
Founder, CEO, and President
MasterWord Services, Inc.
303 Stafford Street
Houston, Texas 77079
Originally from the former Soviet Union, Ludmila (Mila) Rusakova Golovine is an alumnus of the University of Houston and the Wolff Center for Entrepreneurship at the Bauer College of Business, and the Founder, CEO and President of MasterWord Services, Inc. She speaks Russian, French and English. A graduate of the first entrepreneurship class of the Wolff Center for Entrepreneurship at the Bauer College of Business at the University of Houston, Mila 21 years later runs the business that she presented in her class business plan. MasterWord Services has grown into a multi-million dollar company which has obtained the prestigious ISO 9001:2008 certification and has been recognized as a Top 100 Woman-owned business in Texas and a Top 500 Woman-owned business in the United States (DiversityBusiness.com) as well as ranking as one of the “10 Largest Language Services Providers in North America” and one of the “50 Largest Language Services Providers Worldwide” (Common Sense Advisory).
Golovine is recognized nationally and internationally for her innovative management processes and industry-leading client solutions. She has groomed MasterWord Services' scope and capabilities for two decades as a professional translator, interpreter, and entrepreneurial business leader. She excels at providing her clients solutions based on creative thinking and strategic planning. She is an example of mindful leadership. While fully embracing multiculturalism and running the most diverse global team of language professionals, Mila has made sure that meditation and mindfulness, as well tools to disconnect from the fast pace of business, are readily available by bringing yoga teachers, inspirational speakers, and Zen Masters to the team for over a decade, starting before mindful business practices made any headlines. MasterWord offices have an interfaith meditation room for its team. Mila has been a regular participant at the Wisdom 2.0 events. MasterWord Services’ mission is to connect people across language and culture, and Mila dedicates her life’s work to bridging business and community, raising compassion and awareness, speaking publicly on embracing multiculturalism and diversity.
Years in business: 21. Mila founded MasterWord Services in 1993.
Mila serves as Founder, CEO, and President of MasterWord Services, Inc. which has been ranked as:
• Houston Chronicle Top Workplace (2013)
• Top 100 Woman-owned business in Texas (DiversityBusiness.com)
• One of the “10 Largest Language Services Providers in North America” (Common Sense Advisory)
• Top 500 Woman-owned business in the United States (DiversityBusiness.com)
• One of the “50 Largest Language Services Providers Worldwide” (Common Sense Advisory)
• ISO 9001:2008 certification
Mila is active with:
• Wolff Center for Entrepreneurship at the University of Houston
• Greater Houston Partnership
• US Russia Chamber of Commerce
• American Translators Association
• National Council on Interpreting in Healthcare
• Small Business Today Magazine Publisher’s Advisory Board
• The Charter 100
• Friends of Integrative Medicine at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
• The Rothko Chapel
• Vairocana Zen Monastery
• The Village School