Now that we officially have selected a new President, I have a number of critical questions for all Americans -- regardless on which side of the wall you reside.
I'm not easily confused, but the callous indifference of the Republican party's leadership to the President Elect's unqualified Cabinet appointments and their repeated lack of proper statesmanship and leadership leaves me perplexed. I understand in their world, for lack of a better term, "greed is good." Are power and personal riches truly all that matter in today's America? If you're with "them," then the hell with decency. Diplomacy be damned. And fuck morality!
Sorry Bruce Springsteen, America is no longer The Land of Hope and Dreams. However, the Boss is still right about one thing, Donald Trump is "a moron." Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free and welcome to a new American Land of Hopeless Deplorables.
For those of you as troubled by the daily Trump dump as myself, may I suggest calling your local Republican Congressional representative and asking them the following 10 questions. Whoever answers the phone, make sure you ask them to grab a pen. They are probably going to need to take a message and get back to you.
- Is Russia our new ally?
- Is NATO our new enemy?
- Since Trump is going to remain Executive Producer of the new Celebrity Apprentice, is NBC now state-sponsored TV?
- Why do facts, the truth and science no longer matter?
- One of Trump's most ardent supporters is David Duke, who recently called out Jews for not being white. What should Jews now check on their forms and applications?
- Why is Putin's word more valuable than the CIA's, FBI's, NSA's and every other US intelligence agency's?
- Is America changing from a democracy into a Christian theocracy? Is there no longer a separation of church and state in this country?
- Once and for all, who is paying for the wall?
- What are you replacing Obamacare with?
- Does the Constitution apply to Donald Trump?
Until I, as an American citizen, receive adequate answers to these burning questions, I will continue to question the GOP's primary motives and the very future of my once great republic. And so should you.
You know how to truly make America great again? Call your representative. Call multiple times. Be relentless. Be bold. Be patriotic. It's the least we can do to protect what's left of our confused country.