“What on earth is that smell?! Can you smell it?! It is loud, bold, and it makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck!” Have you ever said this before? It's no secret that hygiene for a man is a big deal. In fact, it could be argued that hygiene is an issue that will make or break a dating connection if not executed properly. Men are visual creatures and are therefore engaged or stimulated by what they see.
According to a study conducted by The International Journal of Impotence Research, "The human sexual response cycle, sexual desire, activities, satisfaction, and physical and mental responses in men and women are different. Men generally respond to visual sexual stimuli..." Therefore, in order to help you drive your current or potential mate wild, I have taken to social media and conducted research on my own. I asked a group of Same Gender Loving ( SGL) men, "What one thing can men fix in the hygiene department, that would attract you to them more?" And after an overwhelming response, here are The Top 10 Hygiene habits that drive gay men wild:
1. Oral Care - Men desire for their potential mate to take care of their oral hygiene above all. Bad breath can be an immediate turn-off for men and could result in an immediate disconnect. No matter how attractive you may be, if your oral care is not up to par, you will lose out on the possibility making the best first impression.
Tip: During your daily teeth brushing process, include scraping your tongue with a spoon or tongue scraper. It helps kill bacteria and keeps that mouth fresh.
2. Foot Care - Some men have a huge attraction to a person with beautiful feet. Keeping your toenails trimmed and odor free enhance sexual stimulation. In fact, reflexology shows that certain toes are actually connected to genital pleasure.
Tip: Include a basic pedicure in your monthly grooming routine. It’s sure to keep those feet feeling smooth and attractive.
3. Body Odor - While this is a mixed subject, the general consensus is that body odors make a huge impact on your sex appeal. Please understand that there are men that like the organic smell of another man without any additives. However, most men are attracted to a person with a clean fresh smell and a nice cologne that compliments. Be sure that you invest in body sprays or colognes that are not too harsh and be careful not to over indulge.
Tip: ‘One Million’ by Paco Rabanne is the hottest scent that is attracting the nose of gay men currently.
4. Check the Man Sack & Tool - Period! However, there is nothing like getting ready to explore the beauty of a romantic connection and the man’s Sack and Tool are not ready. Always be mindful of your man junk.
Tip: Men can prevent extreme moisture and odor in lower region by showering twice a day. Also, it's suggested that they change undergarments twice a day.
5. Pubic Grooming - If you are a bear or wolf, then having hair on your body could add to your sex appeal. In that case, manscaping may be of very little concern. However, for the rest of us, men are looking for clean and trimmed body hair. Make sure you keep yourself trimmed as often as you can. Nothing is worse than your counterpart choking on your hair during a sexual connection.
Tip: Don't shave like a baby! Keep a little stubble below the beltline in order to prevent skin irritation.
6. Hand & Nail Care - Alright guys, listen up! Dirt, food, oil, and other debris under a man's nails are a crime punishable by no action in the bedroom. An overwhelming number of men responded to this as a huge turn-off. Keep those nails and hands clean and manicured!
Tip: Don't let your cuticles dry out. Keep your hands washed and moisturized at least twice a day.
7. Hair Care - Nothing is sexier than a man with a fresh line-up or sculptured haircut. Keeping your hair neat and well maintained makes men go insane. It’s a major part of your presentation... keep it tight and right bro.
Tip: Select a Barber or Stylist that is knowledgeable about your hair and is invested in your looks as much as you are.
8. Ear Care - This is often times a part of the body that men often omit. Men often forget sweat behind the ears and wax build up inside of their ears. No one wants to engage in foreplay and nibble on an ear with wax build up.
Tip: Use ear wax remover as opposed to q-tips. This will prevent damaging the ear canal.
9. Dress the Part - Presentation rules the nation. What you wear shows who you are and what you are about. Stay up on the trends in men's fashion. This will keep your style fresh and relevant.
Tips: Be open to fashion options. You don't know if it will look right if you don't try it.
10. Clean House/Room - If luck should have its way, at some point you will find yourself inviting your guy to your home. Whether it's for a ‘Netflix and Chill’ rendezvous or an intimate candlelight dinner, a single man should always have a home that is welcoming and inviting. Try lighting a candle, warming some oils, or spraying a very pleasant home deodorizer. Don't forget to clean the kitchen, the bathroom, and your bedroom. Remember the goal is to remove any obstacles that would hinder your success.
Tip: Have the refrigerator stocked with beer, wine, soft drinks, and quick warm up meals. This is a quick way to entertain on the fly.
Well, this should get you started heading in the right direction. Now that you know what makes gay men tick, this help list can be a part of your daily routine. You never know who is watching you, so always be prepared.