The issue of women and entrepreneurship has been top of mind of late. It is a topic that I have written a fair bit about, and want to share with you a shortlist of key posts:
- Talented Women: Please Do NOT Quit - This post addresses an oft-observed phenomenon of women losing their sense-of-self once they've been out of professional life for a long time.
- Feminist Father vs. Chauvinist Father - This post discusses the impact fathers have on daughters and their self-esteem.
- Roundtable discussion with Therese Tucker, a female entrepreneur who has built a Unicorn company.
- Women Entrepreneurs: VC Rejection Does NOT Equal Sexism - I am concerned we're using sexism as an excuse not to look honestly at business metrics.
- Women Entrepreneurs: How To Deal With Sexual Harassment - Awkward situations DO arise. My take on how to deal with them.
- Roundtable discussion with Ann Winblad, one of the best known and most successful female VCs in the technology business.
- Roundtable discussion with Susan Mason, a long time female VC discussing her take on the evolution of venture capital.
- The First Key Lesson From Ellen Pao vs. Kleiner Perkins and The Second Key Lesson From Ellen Pao vs. Kleiner Perkins - One of the top news stories of 2015 was the Ellen Pao vs. Kleiner Perkins case. It's a complex and often poorly analyzed case, on which I offer my own analysis and commentary.
- Women Entrepreneurs: Are We Whining Too Much? - I am concerned that the issue of women and entrepreneurship is turning into a victim-oriented feminism.
- Women ARE Raising Venture Capital - I know many, many entrepreneurs who are CEOs or co-founders of VC-funded startups.
Photo credit: Steve wilson/Flickr.com.
Calling all HuffPost superfans!
Sign up for membership to become a founding member and help shape HuffPost's next chapter