I was at #NABJ40 and attended a "dance party" at Paisley Park on August 8th. The info was clear: "this is a dance party ... there is no guarantee of a concert by any artist." I boarded a bus and with my badge, and ticket, sans phone, camera, or recording devices which were banned, I arrived at 11 p.m. at 7801 Audubon Rd., Chanhassen, Minnesota.
Some of the 900+ folks in attendance were disappointed that Prince did not perform. I was not, here are 10 reasons why:
1. I got to go to a dance party and danced for 2 hours straight.
2. I recognized all of the songs played by DJ Kiss.
3. Prince delivered what he promised.
4. I was very close to the stage and was no more than 10 feet away from Prince!
5. I was at Paisley Park. Have you been to Paisley Park? The motorcycle from the movie Purple Rain was in the lobby.
6. There was food and water for sale there. I didn't partake, but it was available.
7. He looked fantastic!
8. He rocked that Afro.
9. It was a good value for $20. I would have gladly paid $50 which is what the non-NABJ members of the public paid.
10. As my friend said and I concur, the best minute and a half I have had with a man in a long time.
Peace, love, compassion, and blessings.