On average, we spent 69 minutes shopping for groceries each week, usually across multiple stores, not including transportation time. Although we usually aim for a weekly shop, we average 1.5 grocery shopping trips per week.
It's no secret that we're busier than ever. We're working longer hours, raising our children, and outsourcing the weekly chores that need to get done, week after week. Even if you are not officially drawing a paycheck, you can still use 69 extra minutes a week to dedicate to yourself or family. Do your grocery shopping online to save yourself 69 minutes of in-store time per week.
Find a grocery store in your area that offers online shopping. Some stores allow you to pick up your already-bagged groceries, prepared by a personal shopper, at a designated door, which means that you don't even have to go inside the store to check out.
Here are 10 sanity-saving reasons to use an online grocery shopping service:
1.You won't have to waste your precious weekend minutes grocery shopping.
2.You won't have to waste your precious child-free preschool minutes grocery shopping.
3.You won't have to save energy for a 69-minute grocery shop after a long day of work, school, or activities because the grocery store has to be the last stop of the day because food spoils in the back of your car.
- You won't have to fit your infant's car seat into the grocery cart.
- You will no longer have to explain to your children that there are no racecar shopping carts available at the moment.
- You won't have to deal with racecar carts, i.e., the oversized ones that are extremely difficult to maneuver and always wet with rain.
- You won't have to make room in the cart for your children and your groceries.
- You won't have to buy something not on your list for them.
- You won't have to transfer them to and from the car in inclement weather.
- Your children won't have a public tantrum.
- You won't be judged by strangers for your child's behavior.
- Your kid that's too big to fit into the cart won't be hanging off the side of the cart, like it's a free roller coaster ride.
5.You won't have to wait in the checkout line. EVER AGAIN.
6.You'll save money buying only what's necessary and on your list. You won't be tempted by aisle displays to impulse buy.
7.You won't have to fight the general public for a parking space, or fight the crowds, at all. There's always a space in your designated online shopping pickup area, making you feel like the VIP that you are.
8.You won't have to deal with the following grocery store personalities: the not-that-funny cashier, the absentee bagger, the slow, elderly person who is always in your way, and the screaming child.
9.You can do your grocery shopping in your pajamas.
10.You can think of a million better things to do with 69 minutes a week then being inside a grocery store.