Happy Birthday to these Scorpios: Leonardo DiCaprio, Emma Stone, Katy Perry, Ryan Gosling, Demi Moore, Matthew McConaughey, Scarelet Johansson, Rachel McAdams, Owen Wilson, Anne Hathaway, Julia Roberts, Chloe Sevigny, Sean Combs, Prince Charles and Hillary Clinton.
At this is the time of the year, we honor the birth sign Scorpio. It is the eighth sign of the zodiac. Scorpios are born between October 23 and November 21. They are among the most misunderstood of all the horoscope signs because so much mystery surrounds their very persona, including their much talked-about sexual mystique. Scorpios have a wonderful intensity about them, which helps explain why--one moment they are loved, and the next they can be hated. There are many things to know about them, especially if you are dating one or already in love with one. Here are some of their special qualities.
1. They love with great depth. There is nothing superficial in the way they love a person. When they love, it is with a fierce intensity. But, first they must let their, almost impenetrable, guard down. They choose very carefully whom they will give their heart to. Being betrayed after they have opened their heart is one of their biggest fears. That is why they will constantly test a lover to make sure they are worthy. When they do chose to love a person, it's a serious decision because they plan on loving and cherishing their partner until death does them apart.
2. Nobody does "intensity" better! They enjoy socializing but are not much for "weather talk." When they meet a person at a party they can be both introverted and extroverted depending on the topic of conversation and who attracts their interest. At first, they may seem quiet and intense, but they are always feeling their feelings. So, when they are feeling good, engaged and in the mood, they display their great sense of humor and can be the life of the party. When they are fully engaged with someone, they like to get straight to the point, preferring deep and meaningful discussions about any topic they are interested in. They don't waste their time on small talk or idle gossip. Don't ask a Scorpio what they think about something unless you're prepared for a very blunt and sometimes tactless answer.
3. They are funny. Scorpios have a blunt sense of humor, which can be offensive to some, but hilarious to others. If you are sensitive you might end up rolling your eyes, being shocked or finding your feelings hurt. Their sense of humor comes from a place of truth, so they enjoy witty, intelligent conversations. When a topic arouses their funny bony they can make a very insightful joke. Their type of humor is not likely to be light and slapstick. Scorpios have a quick-witted sense of humor that can be dark, prone to being acerbic and even sarcastic. Their intelligence and style of humor gives them the ability to see the irony in just about any topic they discuss with you. They can shake up any dinner party when they get going with shocking or titillating comments.
4. They are amazingly resourceful and never quit. There is no sign in the zodiac more resourceful than Scorpios. They are modern day "MacGyvers" who can use whatever resources available to them to solve any problem. (Note: MacGyver was a television action hero who could thwart an enemy with his vast scientific knowledge--sometimes with little more than a paper clip and the duct tape in his pocket.) They are persistent and will relentlessly tackle any challenge, never quitting until they have reached their goal. For them--giving up is not an option, especially if they are in romantic pursuit.
5. You can trust them to keep your secrets. By nature, Scorpios are very private and secretive people, never fully revealing their deepest and darkest secrets. They don't put their business or yours on the street for the public to know. They make those they are intimate with earn their trust. Conversely, they are loyal and trustworthy of the secrets of others. They don't appreciate anyone prying into their personal life. Yet, they have amazing investigative abilities. So, if you are keeping a secret, they will find out. This is a gift they have that makes them great researchers, detectives and spies.
6. They need to be in control. Scorpios are natural leaders who like to assume control in order to get things done in their way. This is what makes them feel most comfortable and secure. Being out of control stresses them. Ironically, their need for control is both their strength and their weakness. On one hand it allows them to accomplish a great deal. On the other, it can produce power struggles in their relationships with a partner (or an authority figure), especially if they fear being dominated by them. If necessary they will resort to all kinds of manipulation to make sure they get their way and remain in control. Even if they make you feel like you are in charge--you aren't really.
7. They are mysterious. Scorpios can seem so open and expressive one moment and then become quiet and secretive the next. They are never boring. They are masters at finding out what they want to know without revealing more than they are ready to divulge. They are fascinated by the darker side of life and enjoy finding answers to the deepest and darkest mysteries of a person, place or thing. They love the underworld and can be enthralled by crime, death, horror, the supernatural and even the occult. They enjoy probing the other person, but will often give half answers back when asked questions they aren't ready to answer. When you date them, it's easy to feel that they know more about you then you know about them. Scorpios love forensic televisions shows like CSI.
8. They have a volcanic temper. Scorpios do not get angry very easily. But when they do, expect an 8.6 earthquake on the Richter Scale. Because of their controlled nature, they can appear calm one second, but if someone upsets them in a deeply personal way, such as betraying their trust, they will erupt like a volcano and display a level of anger you may have never seen before. It brings to mind the words of the Incredible Hulk's alter ego, Before he went into a rage, he said, "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry." When Scorpios go into a rage, they let out all the feelings they've kept inside. Their tongue becomes lethal and the other person will feel their famous Scorpion sting. After they have been betrayed, they will forgive but never forget. They are considered masters of revenge and are known to patiently wait for the exact moment to exact their vengeance. Don't ever cheat on a Scorpio.
9. They have psychic abilities. Scorpios are among the most psychically sensitive of all the signs of the zodiac. They have finely honed observation skills. And, they are extremely perceptive with a knack for picking up on a person's feelings and emotions to the point of knowing what they are thinking before they have opened their mouth. They are keen students of human behavior and seem to have a built-in lie detector when someone is not being truthful with them. Santa is not the only one who knows who's been "naughty or nice." Scorpios run a close second. They are dogged in their pursuit of the truth, which is why they make great investigators.
10. They love intimate sex. They are considered by many to be the most passionate and sexual sign of the zodiac. Because of their intensity, many a Scorpio ooze with sexuality and sexual appeal. Sex is an extremely important part of a relationship to them. They dislike boring sex. So, yes, they can be freaky and experimental in bed, but that doesn't mean they are loose and willing to give it up to just anyone. While many signs enjoy recreational sex, Scorpios make love out of their need for deep emotional connection to their partner, not because they are "horny." If they want you as a lover, it is everyday and forever. This deep attachment to their lover is what can lead them to being jealous and possessive in their relationships. They love in a profoundly deep way that makes them think, you are rightfully theirs. If you are married to a Scorpio you will never find a more loyal partner to share your life with.
No matter what zodiac sign we were born under, our birthday is a special celebration of our life and the qualities that makes us unique. We all like to be acknowledged for our birthday. So, if today is your birthday or you know of someone born at this time, why not let them know how much they are appreciated.
Happy birthday to all Scorpios!
If you want to learn more about Scorpios or your sign, go to the Free Horoscope Calculator and enter your birth date. If you want to learn about your unique personality, strengths, weaknesses and talents you were born with, order your: Personal Horoscope Report. It includes a copy of your birth chart.
Or, if you want to know how the planets in your horoscope may be bringing changes to your life, go to the Free Transit Calculator and enter your birth date.
And, if you're curious to learn what your Horoscope says will be happening this year in such areas as your love relationships, and marriage prospects, as well as career, investments and health: Order your customized Report: Your Horoscope & Future in 2016-17.
If you want to know about the planets affecting your love compatibility with another person, go to the Free Love Compatibility Calculator and enter your birth date and theirs. And, if you want a customized report on your compatibility together, order Your Love Compatibility Report.
Larry Schwimmer is known as "the down-to-earth Astrologer who uses your Horoscope to solve your problems and tell your future!" He is an astrologer in private practice. For a personal consultation, contact him at: Larry@astrodecision.com or go to www.AstroDecision.com
Read Larry Schwimmer's latest books, here
To Sign-Up for Larry's Blog, click here
For more by Larry Schwimmer, click here.
Larry Schwimmer is president of Astrodecision.com, a San Francisco-based consulting company. The firm uses planetary cycles analysis to counsel individual and corporate clients on picking the "best dates" to make successful decisions of all types: personal, marketing, financial, and political. Schwimmer is an internationally known business consultant, life coach and astrologer (with a Fortune 500 M&A background). Visit his website: AstroDecision.com