The average person may spend one-third of their life sleeping, but parents aren't average people. We spend all three-thirds of our lives trying to put other people to sleep while never experiencing true relaxing sleep ourselves.
We have every right to complain about not sleeping, and we often exercise that right, but it will be better for our mental health if we try to focus on the positive. So consider these 10 reasons why life without sleep isn't so bad:
- When you don't sleep, you don't have to worry about having bad dreams.
- When you don't sleep, breakfast for dinner makes as much sense as eating breakfast in the morning.
- When you don't sleep, daylight savings time can't throw off your schedule, only your kids' schedules - which are really more imaginary anyway.
- When you don't sleep, you never have to worry about sleeping so much that it makes you more sleepy - which is the most absurd way to get sleepy and something you should NEVER tell a parent if this happens to you.
- When you don't sleep, you don't need to run a marathon to know what it feels like to run a marathon.
- When you don't sleep, nobody can complain that you snore, which you don't, because how could you?
- When you don't sleep, you can't wake up on the wrong side of the bed (although you probably will spend time on the wrong side of the bed when you're underneath it searching for pacifiers).
- When you don't sleep, you don't have to make up your bed, which gives you extra time to make up your kid's bed again and again and again after they mess it up as soon as you finish.
- When you don't sleep, you can keep counting sheep and counting sheep until you know exactly how many sheep there are in the world.
- And finally, when you don't sleep, you can't get hypnotized and do something embarrassing like moo like a cow whenever you hear a bell. You will just do it anyway when your toddler won't stop ringing a bell unless you tell them what sound a cow makes again.
Based on how this list concluded, it's clear that the list of reasons why life without sleep isn't so bad, isn't very deep. But hopefully, there are enough reasons here to keep you motivated to stay awake a little longer. The sacrifices you make for your kids is certainly on the top of the list of reasons why they love you.