I attended the Golden State Warriors last home game on 4/13/16. Here are 10 things I learned:
1. The Warriors now hold the record for most regular season wins at 73.
2. Steve Kerr, Warriors coach, thought that the previous record held by the Chicago Bulls (he was also on the team at the time) would never be broken.
3. Now Kerr thinks this record will never be broken and hopes folks don't have the expectation that the Warriors will break the record next season.
4. The Warriors had no back-to-back losses all season.
5. Their 24-0 start is also an NBA record, sans Kerr, but with the 35 year old Luke Walton as the coach filling in for Kerr who was recuperating from back surgery.
6. Stephen Curry smashed his own record for 3-pointers in a season with 402.
7. The Memphis Grizzlies, the opponents in the final regular season game also were the victims in the biggest point win, 50, and the smallest, 1.
8. The Warriors swept the Grizzlies 4-0 this season, the first time since the 2007-08 season.
9. The 1 point win over the Grizzlies was the first game decided by a single point this season.
10. The tee-shirt give away says "Not on our Ground Golden State Warriors".
Love, peace, compassion and blessings.