I attended the first two games of the 2016 Western Conference Finals., the Oklahoma Thunder (OKC) vs. the Golden State Warriors (GSW). The best of seven series is tied up 1-1.
Here are 10 things I learned from OKC vs. GSW:
1. "Thunder sticks" are only used in the second half of the game.
2. GSW lost their mascot, Thunder, when OKC moved there in 2008 and took on the nickname Thunder.
3. The all-time post season series between the two franchises is 5-5.
4. They were the top two scoring teams in the regular season.
5. In the 2015-16 regular season GSW swept OKC, 3-0.
6. This is the first time OKC has been in the play-offs.
7. Curry and Thompson are the highest scoring duo in the NBA regular season and Durant and Westbrook are the second highest scoring duo.
8. The Western Conference Final is the first post-season meeting since OKC moved from Seattle when they were the Super Sonics.
9. This is GSW's 183rd consecutive sellout.
10. OKC won the battle, taking game one from GSW, but they will not win the war.
Peace, love, compassion and blessings.