I saw the movie Barbershop: The Next Cut (aka Barbershop 3) on opening day. Although I have no recollection of seeing the first two Barbershops I wanted to support this one on opening weekend.
Here are 10 things I learned:
1. "If you like it you pay, if you don't like it you pay anyway." The mantra by the owners.
2. POTUS probably has "bitches".
3. Hilary probably has a "side chick".
4. White people love to say awesome.
5. Tyga, Eve, Nicki Minaj, Common and of course Ice Cube are all in the movie. Ice Cube contributes to the sound track and is a producer as well.
6. It's now a combined barber and beauty shop.
7. Everybody is back for a fresh cut.
8. The director Malcolm D. Lee and Spike Lee are cousins.
9. There is a woman barber and a South Asian barber in the shop.
10. A "non-Negro" needs to "say [Negro] slowly so we can hear all of the syllables."
Peace, love, compassion, and blessings.