1. It is the 25th Anniversary of the National Lesbian and Gay Journalists Association (NLGJA) Convention and Career and Community Expo, the 11th LGBT Media Summit and it is in San Francisco September 3rd through 6th.
2. It is dubbed "Coming Home" for the silver anniversary which started 25 years ago in San Francisco. Former members and allies are encouraged to "come home". Currently there are 700 members and 17 chapters.
3. The Rapid Response Task Force is an ongoing effort to correct unfair/inaccurate coverage especially in regards to the transgender community.
4. I am a former board member, and the current president of the board, Jen Christensen, wrote an article about me: See Here!
6. "NLGJA is an organization of journalists, media professionals, educators and students working from within the news indsuctry to foster fair and accurate coverage of LGBT issues. NLGJA opposes all forms of workplace bias and provides professional development to its members".
7. NLGJA will honor new inductees in the Hall of Fame.
8. Although the majority of attendees are gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender, anyone can join and attend and straight allies attend and are speakers. Registration is expected to be at 350.
9. The 18th NLGJA Student Journalism Project! Check it out here.
10. The 2016 Convention will be in Miami.
Peace, love, compassion, and blessings.