As I was writing the previous post, 10 Women Leaders Of VC-Funded Companies, I noticed that six out of the 10 companies I included on the list followed a Bootstrap First, Raise Money Later strategy.
My point of view is that as long as you follow this strategy, your chances of raising money is always going to be higher, whether you are a man or a woman.
- Jana Francis, CEO of Steals.com - Jana is based in Utah.
- Amber Schaub, CEO of Rufflebutts - Amber is based in South Florida.
- Amy Laws and Nicole Brewer, Co-founders of Smocked Auction - Amy and Nicole are based in Dallas.
- Robin Smith, CEO of WeGoLook - Robin is based in Oklahoma.
- Vicki Raport, CEO of Quantum Retail - Vicki is based in Minesotta.
- Michelle Munson, CEO of Aspera - Michelle has sold her company to IBM.
- Janine Popick, CEO of Vertical Response - Janine has sold her company to Deluxe Corporation for $27 million.
- Valerie Holstein, CEO of Cableorganizer - Valerie works out of Florida.
- Sangeeta Banerjee, CEO of ApartmentADDA - Sangeeta works out of India and caters to the domestic Indian market.
- Radhika Subramanium, CEO of Emcien - Radhika runs her Big Data company from Atlanta.
Photo credit: Barney Moss/Flickr.com.