Life is simple yet hard.
We aren’t always taught how to live life and what to expect as you age.
When you’re little you just assume that when you ‘grow up’ and become an adult it all just comes together and you know everything.
It seems like those who are older just have all the answers, are super confident and have it all together.
You think “if I can just get to that point” everything will finally fit into place and I’ll have it all figured out.
I’m going to let you in on a secret.
There is no end point, there is no final piece, there is no place in the future when things will just calm down and be perfect forever.
It will never arrive.
However, if you choose to constantly grow, learn and find your true inner self then you will find a type of peace, serenity and happiness that you may not have experienced otherwise.
We can easily become a victim to our excuses, our resistance and our self-pity.
So, why do others seem to have it all?
It’s because you look to others and are blind to the reasons they became successful saying that if you just had the same circumstances you would be where they are to.
However, if you were to just look inside yourself, be kind to yourself and really find that passion in your life you would finally figure out that you DO belong in this world and you have a PURPOSE to fulfill.
I would like to offer 13 motivational quotes that have changed the way I look at life.
- “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”~Harold Whitman
- “For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and ask myself: “if today was the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?” And whenever the answer has been “No” for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something. Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose.” ~Steve Jobs
- “Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.”~Anonymous
- “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”~Mark Twain
- “Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today.”~James Dean
- “Every man dies. Not every man really lives.”~Braveheart
- There is no easy walk to freedom anywhere, and many of us will have to pass through the valley of the shadow of death again and again before we reach the mountaintop of our desires. ~Nelson Mandela
- Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking. ~Marcus Aurelius
- We do not remember days, we remember moments. ~Cesare Pavese
- Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. ~Soren Kierkegaard
- The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are. ~Joseph Campbell
- This too shall pass. ~Unknown
- To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Never stop learning, growing and living. It’s okay to keep searching, changing and becoming. It will be a lifelong ride and you will fall off every so often.
That’s okay; it’s part of the ride. Just get back up and never stop!
Until next time,
Search Your Soul. Find Yourself. Live Authentically.