The only thing that creates a similar eruption of discovery-joy and elation to my finding a book that finds me and the excitement and anticipation to read it is...
finding a "Shimmer-word." (n.) a fake word that I use to describe any collection of letters that form a the trifecta of perfection in a word: Elegant meaning, phonetic eloquence and visual beauty. It literally shimmers brightly with deep thought and a concise word for twenty different ones or it flickers brilliant with the imagery created not only by it's order and curves but sings off of my tongue.
13 Shimmer-Words that make my heart flutter:
(*I love these equally and they are in no particular order. In fact, if I could, I'd put them in the curvy shape of a heart...(logged out for 10 minutes.) I did it...but an eye! Here you go. LOOOOOOOVE. Live. Let your mind and mouth linger with the lavish language we all have access to. Enjoy:
1. Alate: (adj.) having wings; lifted up in flight.
2. Eleutheromania (n.) an intense and irresistible desire for freedom.
3. Oriflamme (n.) a symbol or standard that inspires confidence, devotion, or courage.
4. Serendipity (n.) an occurrence by which one accidentally stumbles upon something wonderful, especially while looking for something entirely unrelated.
5. Sillage (n.) the scent that lingers in the air, the trail left in water, the impression made in space after something or someone has been gone; the trace of someone's perfume.
7. Meliorism (n.) the belief that the world gets better; the belief that humans can improve the world.
8. Eunoia (n.) beautiful thinking; a well mind.
9. Maudlin (adj.) foolishly sentimental.
10. Scintillate (v.) to emit sparks; twinkle, as the stars.
11. Zugzwang ( n.) a situation where every possible move or decision is a bad one, or one that will result in damage or loss.
12. Abendrot (n.) the color of the sky when the sun is setting.
13. Orphic (adj.) mysterious and entrancing; beyond ordinary understanding.
So there's that. I love them. All of them. Yes, I was the girl who would read the dictionary! If only I was reading spelling manuals too.
"Shimmer with a smile. Life is hard, bloom anyway."
The Huffington Post