It's bad enough walking around looking and feeling like you just got out of a spin class -- you know, face flushed, sweat stains on your shirt -- as you go through menopause. It's even worse when you're actually gaining weight, can't get a good night's sleep and are noticing rogue hairs on your chin.
Yep, for many, menopause sucks. And it takes a champ to make it through. So don't make it any tougher for the women who are living with it every day by making a snide comment.
We asked our Huff/Post 50 Facebook friends what they absolutely hated (or hate) hearing during menopause. Memorize this list ... and never utter these words again.
1."How lucky! No more periods!" -- Karen Bruzzone Dilallo
2. "You must hate menopause." -- Chrissie Johnson
3. "Is it hot in here or is it you? -- Ruth Fisher Stoddard
4. "It's all in your head." -- Constance Mroz
5. "Brrr. Is it chilly in here?" -- Joan Crawford
6. "Is it that hormonal thing that makes you act like this?" -- Jerri Munn
7. "You must be on the rag." -- Joan Sheppard Lio
8. "Why do you have the AC set to Antarctic?" -- Karina Hilton
9. "Calm down." -- Judy Bowman Foster
10. "Nice whiskers." -- Mary Nell Burgeson Stapleton
11. "Does this mean you're not in the mood?" -- Brenda English
12. "Are you having a hot flash?" -- Ellen Shannon
13. "It seems like you're gaining some weight, right?" -- Tweetie Thuy Dao
Also on HuffPost: