There are dozens of new Illinois laws that went into effect recently, so the Illinois Senate Democrats released a slideshow highlighting the top 14 to help citizens stay-up-to-date on these new rules.
- It's back. Restaurants can offer specials on food, pitchers, buckets and bottles.
2. Lax vaccine laws left many children at risk
- A new law is making it more difficult for parents to send their kids to school unvaccinated.
3. The end of snow days?
- An e-learning pilot program is letting some kids complete their studies at home.
4. Veterans' discounts
- A new state program will make it easier for local businesses to offer deals to veterans.
5. 3D mammograms
- 3D mammograms can catch breast cancer other screenings miss. Now your insurer has to cover them.
6. New benefit for returning soldiers
- You get 1 year from when you return to pay for vehicle registration or renewal.
7. Worried about your daughter's safety at college?
- New policies are in place to protect college students from sexual assault. Universities must have clear plans for helping victims.