It's a little-known fact that most hipster trends were actually started by Peace Corps Volunteers.
1. Have you read it? Because we have. By candlelight.
2. We made "jorts" an international fashion trend.
3. The best filter is #nofilter.
4. Glasses are functional and fashionable.
5. My tiny house is tinier than your tiny house.
7. Oh, you like the Peace Corps? Name 5 of their songs.
8. We make ponchos look cool.
9. Wearing a vintage T-shirt while sourcing a locally handcrafted item... done.
10. Androgynous haircuts for everyone.
11. We don't do beds. Comfort is so mainstream.
12. Yeah, we bike.
13. We had goats before they screamed.
14. Our meals are made from local, free-range food sourced from a workplace CSA program.
15. Dinner by lantern light - we've been doing that for years.
Ready to start your Peace Corps journey? Explore current openings and connect with a recruiter today.
This post first appeared on Peace Corps Passport.
Best Places To Travel In 2015