Sometimes we need a little push and reminder that things are not so bad in our lives, and we have the ability to make ourselves happy. We control our mood and our outlook, and sometimes we just need a little extra help to be content and happy. Here is the ultimate list of happiness quotes that can help you during times when you are struggling or need motivation. Keep them somewhere that you have to see any time you need them
1. "There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will."
2. "Happy people plan actions, they don't plan results."
3. "When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us."
4. "The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassions, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."
5. "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go"
6. "Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give."
7. "Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
8. "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking."
Marcus Aurelius Antoninus
9. "When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened."
10. "Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony."
11. "Happiness depends upon ourselves."
12. "Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared."
13. "Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated."
14. "Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful."
15. "The pleasure which we most rarely experience gives us greatest delight."
16. "I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
17. "Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own."
Robert A. Heinlein
18. "Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action."
19. "Happiness is a how; not a what. A talent, not an object."
20. "Happiness is the art of never holding in your mind the memory of any unpleasant thing that has passed."
Happiness can be a choice, and a little motivation or inspiration never hurt. I hope that this list helped to inspire you, and that at least a few have caused you to ponder, and more importantly smile.