Everyone knows about the mid-life crisis. But what about your quarter-life crisis? It's real. But these pieces of advice can help.
1. Do something each day to make you feel better for tomorrow. And start today!
2. Ask a lot of questions and listen a lot more! This isn't college, where you used to think you knew it all -- you don't actually have all of life's answers. Listen to your mentors and peers, because you will learn something. Learning is knowledge, and knowledge is power! However...
3. If someone is telling you that you can't do something, let their words fall on deaf ears. When people say it is impossible for you to accomplish a goal, it's only because they couldn't do it or were too coward to try.
4. Don't expect success to fall in your lap. Work for it. Want it as much as you want to breathe.
5. Your 20s are meant to pay your dues. Don't give up.
6. Don't wait for retirement to start living. Make it happen today by doing what you love.
"The only way to do great work is to love what you do." -- Steve Jobs
7. Weed out those who aren't adding value to your life. If they aren't adding to it, they're only taking it away. Surround yourself with like-minded people. This includes friends, boyfriends and girlfriends. You'll be happy you did.
9. College knowledge will help you make a living and lasts for a static amount of time. Intelligence is obtained through life's experiences and is improved on until your final day. Not to mention, one is a lot less expensive than the other.
10. Don't take your body for granted. You only get one in this life. Don't abuse it. Exercise, eat healthy, sleep and for the love of God, shower!
11. Make the most out of life. It's been said before and it will be said again, what you do now will affect your future.
"The best way to predict the future is to create it." -- Peter Drucker
12. Don't be so naive to not recognize when you're the problem. Sometimes you are the one who's causing the drama, pain, conflict -- nip it in the butt as soon as you can.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." -- Gandhi
13. To grow, you have to go out of your comfort zone. No one accomplished anything great by waiting for it to happen.
14. Similar to #3 -- everyone has an opinion. But that's all it is. An opinion. Not to be mistaken for facts.
15. When in doubt, simplify. Life is complicated as it is. So many different life paths to choose from, so many different interactions with different people. Do yourself a favor and make life easier by letting go of the added stressors that don't do you any good.
16. You owe something to the world. Not the other way around. It's a miracle you're even reading this right now. The universe gave you this opportunity. Now pay it back!
17. Don't be ashamed to seek counseling when times get rough. This is a way to invest in you and be selfish to get you back on the right track.
18. Stop judging people. Love unconditionally.
19. Don't lose sight of your family. They keep you grounded.
20. Reward yourself! You deserve to give yourself a pat on the back every once in awhile.
You only get one life and one chance to do your 20s. It might feel rough but one day you'll look back and be happy you had this decade. If you do your 20s right, the foundation for the rest of your life will be set.