1. If a new kid comes in and your friends like them more.
2. If somebody new is better than you in your special talent and they take your place.
3. If the new teachers are grumpy.
4. If your new teacher is strict.
5. If your new teacher is serious.
6. If you don't get in a class with your friends.
7. If you get homework right away on the first day.
8. If the subjects will be too hard.
9. If your friends are totally going to be different than they were last year.
10. If your friends changed too much.
11. If your friend doesn't come back to the same school.
12. If you get in trouble for something you didn't do the first day because your teacher doesn't know you.
13. If you have seating arrangements that are totally bananas bonkers dumb.
14. If you feel too old to hang out on the playground with the little kids.
15. If you have to play football at recess because everyone else is or you get teased.
16. If your clothes will be cool.
17. That we won't get enough time to eat at lunch again this year.
18. I hope my friends will be in my classes.
19. That I will be embarrassed if our classroom will look childish to the upper school kids.
20. That I won't get my secret hope that a new super cool kid will come to our school and we'll be friends.
*With thanks to the ever amazing and eternally brilliant Erma Bombeck for her poem, *"Nothing to Worry About"