Rarely do we recognize the magnitude of our words. Out of habit, we tell ourselves “I’m scared,” I’m tired,” “I’m desperate,” or “I’m not good enough.” We don’t realize that our words become the truth of our lives. What we speak, we embody.
The first step to real change is changing the way you compare yourself to your problems: do you allow suffering to consume you? Or do you acknowledge that, in fact, you’re able to overcome any adversity? When a problem arises, what words do you use to describe the situation? Do you tell others that you’re “helpless” or a “victim?” A world of a difference lies between “I’m weak” and “I’m powerful.”
“I am” is the single most important phrase you will ever speak. That’s because what follows these two words dictates who you are. It becomes even more profound when you re-define yourself repeatedly throughout the day: “I am confident,” “I am beautiful,” “I am loved” are just a few of the endless declarations you can make to replenish your well-being and re-center your soul. Reciting such mantras with purpose and conviction can shift your perception entirely. And when you see things differently, you do things differently.
The key is to personalize your mantras so that they truly speak to you. So instead of saying, “I am powerful,” say, “I am powerful enough to overcome my breakup and attract a dedicated, loyal partner.” Pick your favorite phrases from the list below and repeat them throughout the day. Choose the ones that you have the most trouble believing and feel free to change them around. You will see that with time, these self-statements will come effortlessly:
1. I am more powerful than my pain. I acknowledge that I have the strength to defeat my challenges. I break through my barriers and leap over the hurdles in my way. Nothing is as great as my own power.
2. I am in love with who I’m becoming. I’ve given up trying to please others. Instead, I work to make my authentic self happy. My divine destiny is unfolding before my eyes.
3. I am in control of my life. I reject anything that causes me harm and embrace everything that creates deep joy. I make excellent decisions that lead to my ultimate good.
4. I am worthy. I deserve the incredible things that are coming to me. I deserve nothing less than appreciation, admiration, and respect. I am loved by countless people.
5. I am a magnet for wealth. I am attracting the prosperity I seek. My efforts to become financially stable are being honored by the universe. I am presented with new opportunities to multiply my wealth.
6. I am healthy, I am stable, I am sound. My body is in excellent shape and my mind is at ease. I am healing myself. I accept my flaws and embrace the totality of who I am. I am perfect just the way I am.
7. I am unstoppable. I am determined to reach my goals and make them a reality. I am undeterred from my dreams. I was brought to this world to conquer my obstacles. My troubles cannot bring me down.
8. I am becoming the best version of myself. I am growing smarter, wiser, and more enlightened. Steadily, I excel in everything I do. I am evolving.
9. I am desired by my significant other. I am beautiful and attractive to the person I love. Our bond deepens and intensifies each day.
10. I am in tune with the universe. I listen to my intuition and pay attention to divine signs. I am well guided in my endeavors every step of the way.
11. I am proud of myself. I have achieved so much already, and will achieve so much more.
12. I am all-knowing. All that I need to know, I already know, and all the guidance I need is within me.
13. I am free. My spirit soars. No burdens weigh me down. My life is uncomplicated and free to take its predestined course.
14. I am vibrant and full of life. I am brimming with creativity and new ideas. I am excited to meet like-minded people and connect with the beautiful world around me.
15. I am bold. I have the courage to take necessary risks and embark on ventures that will shape my future for the better.
16. I am my own best friend. I can rely on myself for anything. Everything I set my mind to, I fulfill. I treat myself with patience, compassion, and kindness.
17. I am protected. The divine watches over me at all times. Even if things aren’t turning out the way I’d like them to, I know that this is for my greater good.
18. I am the creator of my future. I manifest what I envision in my mind. I have the ability to bring to reality anything I choose. I am magic.
19. I am at peace with everything that has happened and will happen. I choose to see others with forgiving eyes, especially those who have hurt me. Everything is happening in perfect order and I will understand the bigger reason in time. I accept all things as they are.
20. I am detaching from negativity. There is only place for positivity in my life. I walk away from anything that does not serve me. I am planting the seeds for a brilliant future in this very moment.
21. I am the architect of my life. I lay its foundations and build up its walls. I decorate my life with hope, healing, and happiness. I am master over my circumstances.
Choosing your words wisely can change your life. Practice the mantras above to feel the effects of speech that inspires, empowers, and uplifts.
To positive change,
Dr. Carmen Harra
To visit Dr. Carmen Harra’s website, click here.
For more by Dr. Carmen Harra, click here.