Today's dads are clueless, incompetent, emotionless buffoons who don't know their asses from their elbows when it comes to childcare, right? Wrong. Dead wrong. The overwhelming majority of us (yes, I said, the overwhelming majority) are smart, loving, and just plain awesome men who put our families first. Don't believe me? Check out this compilation of photos taken directly from the Daddy Doin' Work Instagram feed. Contrary to what you'll find in mainstream media, this diverse group of dads perfectly illustrates what life is really like for fathers all over the world.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, then you should prepare yourself for an epic 21,000-word post on modern fatherhood. Enjoy.
1. Dads become supremely confident the moment their kids are born.
2. Dads know how to catch a nap even when they're outnumbered.
3. Dads always give their kids VIP seating in life.
4. Dads get pedicures with their daughters.
5. Dads know how to be sensitive, especially when their babies need them to be.
6. Dads know how to rock a baby carrier.
7. Dads also know how to rock a sling.
8. Dads know that their kids take the best selfies.
9. Dads know how to be silly.
10. Dads know to apply makeup for their daughters before a dance recital begins.
11. Dads know that the job sucks sometimes.
12. Dads know a genetic bond isn't required to have a strong bond with their kids.
13. Dads will comfort their kids, even when it's uncomfortable to do so.
14. Dads help with potty training.
15. Dads transform their bodies into the best playground ever made.
16. Dads know how to make their kids smile.
17. Dads have excellent game faces.
18. Dads will let their kids paint their nails.
19. Dads know that tiny humans will be very excited for them to come home.
20. Dads don't take a moment they have with their kids for granted.
21. Dads aren't afraid to say, "I love you."
This blog post originally appeared on Daddy Doin' Work. Photo credit: Instagram/@daddydoinwork.
Like Us On Facebook |
Follow Us On Twitter |
Contact HuffPost Parents
Also on HuffPost: