Appreciation is an important, that is often taken for granted. We all want to be appreciated, but are we also expressing our appreciation in return? This is such an important part of our relationships with others, and in both them and ourselves knowing what they mean to us, or we mean to them. Here are some quotes to motivate you to either express your appreciation for others, or to identify what we have been lacking in hearing .
1. "Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them."
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
2. "I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says, "Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes gain."
― Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass
3. "Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough"
― Oprah Winfrey
4. "The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter."
― Paulo Coelho, Veronika Decides to Die
5. "Behind every exquisite thing that existed, there was something tragic."
― Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
6. "Music has always been a matter of Energy to me, a question of Fuel. Sentimental people call it Inspiration, but what they really mean is Fuel. I have always needed Fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio."
― Hunter S. Thompson
7. "At the end of the day, let there be no excuses, no explanations, no regrets."
― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
8. "To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with."
― Mark Twain
9. "Nature didn't need an operation to be beautiful. It just was."
10. "Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!"
― Mae West
11. "Forget yesterday - it has already forgotten you. Don't sweat tomorrow - you haven't even met. Instead, open your eyes and your heart to a truly precious gift - today."
― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
12. "There is more to life than simply increasing its speed."
― Mahatma Gandhi
13. "What I'm not sure about, is if our lives have been so different from the lives of the people we save. We all complete. Maybe none of us really understand what we've lived through, or feel we've had enough time."
― Kazuo Ishiguro, Never Let Me Go
14. "When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive--to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love--then make that day count!"
― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being
15."Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well."
16. "Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of always focusing on how far you have to go."
― Mandy Hale, The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass
17."I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it. People think pleasing God is all God cares about. But any fool living in the world can see it always trying to please us back."
― Alice Walker, The Color Purple
18. "My expectations were reduced to zero when I was 21. Everything since then has been a bonus."
[The Science of Second-Guessing (New York Times Magazine Interview, December 12, 2004)]"
― Stephen Hawking
19. "Love is made up of three unconditional properties in equal measure:
Remove any one of the three and the triangle falls apart.
Which, by the way, is something highly inadvisable. Think about it -- do you really want to live in a world of only two dimensions?
So, for the love of a triangle, please keep love whole."
― Vera Nazarian, The Perpetual Calendar of Inspiration
20. "It's funny how, in this journey of life, even though we may begin at different times and places, our paths cross with others so that we may share our love, compassion, observations, and hope. This is a design of God that I appreciate and cherish."
― Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience
21. "Some books are undeservedly forgotten; none are undeservedly remembered."
― W.H. Auden, The Dyer's Hand
22. "It's funny, but have you ever noticed that the more special something is, the more people seem to take it for granted? It's like they think it won't ever change. Just like this house here. All it ever needed was a little attention, and it would never have ended up like this in the first place."
― Nicholas Sparks, The Wedding
23. "The invariable mark of wisdom is to see the miraculous in the common."
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
24. "This place was truly the highest and the lowest of all worlds - the most beautiful senses, the most exquisite emotions.. the most malevolent desires, the darkest deeds. Perhaps it was meant to be so. Perhaps without the lows, the highs could not be reached."
― Stephenie Meyer, The Host
25. "If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome."