Wikipedia defines The Law of Attraction as "the name given to the belief that "like attracts like" and that by focusing on positive or negative thoughts, one can bring about positive or negative results."
There are 3 steps to The Law of Attraction
1) Ask: clearly ask the universe for what you want
2) Believe: believe the universe is delivering what you want
3) Allow: the most important and difficult step for many people. This is the step where you need to emotionally feel in alignment with what you've asked for in order for your 'ask' to manifest.
Here's a great quote from the movie 'The Secret' to illustrate what emotional alignment is - "It's really important that you feel good. Because this feeling good is what goes out as a signal into the universe and starts to attract more of itself to you. So the more you can feel good, the more you will attract the things that help you feel good and that will keep bringing you up higher and higher" - Joe Vitale
So what do the appearance choices you are making right now have to do with The Law of Attraction? A lot, because like it or not your appearance choices contribute to the way you feel about yourself and to the vibration you are emitting into the universe.
Here's a great and simple exercise to gauge how your appearance is impacting your point of attraction this moment. Look at yourself honestly in a full length mirror. Really take in your appearance from head to toe (from your hair to your shoes). Do you immediately get a feeling of excitement and joy? Are your eyes more drawn to your face or does your hair and outfit overpower the authentic YOU?
If you are not happy with your responses to the questions from the above exercise, it's time to get your appearance into alignment with the Law of Attraction using these 3 steps:
1. Find out colors for your hair, clothing, accessories and makeup that are in alignment with you. By wearing your right colors you are guaranteed to look younger, healthier, more vibrant and feel great.
Everything in the universe emits an energy vibration, including color. A great holistic practice to test someone's energy vibration as it relates to different colors is Energy Muscle Testing. This is a practice whereby muscles are tested to identify whether thoughts, actions, feelings and things are in vibrational harmony with an individual. When someone is muscle tested wearing colors that are in alignment with them, their muscles are stronger thus giving off a higher energy vibration into the world.
I highly recommend you visit a color analysis professional in your area to find out which color palette is in synch with you. Your color palette is based on your internal composition. Once you know the colors that align with you, they will not change. This will be your color palette for life.
2. Find out hair, clothing and accessory styles that maximize the authentic and best you. Much like wearing your right colors raises your vibration and contributes to your emotional alignment, so does wearing hair, clothing and accessory styles that are in harmony with the best and authentic you.
The key elements of this step is to identify your body silhouette, personality and lifestyle needs. Sometimes it is really hard to take an honest look at ourselves to determine what are needs are in these areas.
As I was undertaking my own image consulting training, I uncovered that I had been misjudging my own body silhouette for years. I had always thought of myself much larger than I actually was. This is quite common and why I recommend you engage an image consultant professional or close style-savvy confidante for this step.
3. Implement your color and style needs into your appearance choices. This is the most fun and rewarding step and involves these activities:
• Cleaning out your closet to get rid of items that no longer serve your colour and style needs.
• Visiting a hair colorist and stylist to implement your hair colour and style needs.
• Visiting a make-up professional to receive training on make-up application that is in alignment with your color and style needs.
• Shopping to address wardrobe and accessory gaps you created when cleaning out your closet. You will find that once you know your color and style needs, shopping is so much more easy and efficient.
So now you have 3 steps to getting your appearance into alignment with the Law of Attraction.
What you are feeling in this moment represents your point of attraction and therefore represents what the universe is delivering to you in moments following (your future).
Are your appearance choices contributing to a feeling of excitement and joy with you? If not, there's no time like the present to review your image and ensure you are giving off your best energy.
I hope this article inspires you to wear your authenticity!