Managing an online store is no easy task. If you sell shoes online, what draws the customers to you instead of the thousands of other shoe stores out there? There is no single solution to boost your online sales, but there are definitely proven methods that can put you on the right track. Here are 3 great ways to boost your online sales.
1. Advertise Efficiently
- Social Media Marketing: You can create a Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram account for free. Focus on creative and engaging content to help build a social media presence for your brand.
- Video Content: With nearly every computer equipped with a camera and free services like YouTube available, video content has never been easier to create. This is a great way to put a "face" to your brand. People like to buy from people, so get a pretty face in front of your brand and get recognized!
- SEO/Content Marketing: If you haven't already done so, look in to creating a company blog. Wordpress is a great tool for building and managing a blog. Create content that is optimized for SEO to help build your brand.
Promotional codes (Promo Codes) serve as a great tool to attract new customers. Promo codes are very different than discounts, so it's important to distinguish the difference. Promo codes can be advertised both on your site and other places as well. Promo codes are typically entered right before payment, this gives the customers even more incentive to complete the payment. A promo code can easily be the deciding factor to whether or not your customer completes their purchase.
3. Offer Multiple Payment Methods
- Credit Card or Debit Card: This is probably the most common form of payment, make sure you choose the right credit card processing partner for your business.
- eCheck: The payment world is moving away from traditional cash and card transactions and more towards online payment methods. eCheck's offer a great alternative for those who prefer to be completely digital.
- Digital Wallets: Companies like PayPal and Due offer digital wallet solutions that allow customers to make purchases from the credit on their accounts.
- Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency: Bitcoin is becoming an increasingly popular payment method, especially internationally.
3 Ways to Boost Online Sales for Small Business Owners was originally published on Due ePayments blog by Renzo Costarella.