You can boost your productivity every day with these exercises.
Have you ever been frustrated that you weren't able to get more done in the span of a day? Most of us face this reality at least a few times a week. An entrepreneur's task list is always expanding, but there are only so many hours in a day to work on it.
You can mitigate the problem by delegating your work, and by making sure you're working on only the most effective tasks. But you can supplement those strategies by boosting your productivity with these daily exercises:
1. Gradually shift your sleep cycle. Your sleep is a huge factor in your productivity, so gradually shift your sleep cycle to maximize your abilities. Try to get up at the same time every day, and make sure you go to bed in plenty of time to get 8 hours of sleep.
2. Chart your high level and low level goals. Take some time out of each day to think about your low level goals (like tasks and projects) and high level goals (like where you want the business to go). This will teach you to see things in better perspective, and set better priorities.
3. Experiment with a new process. At least once a day, experiment with a new way to do something. You'll be surprised what little tricks and hacks you can find just by playing around.
4. Get up and move around. Get in the habit of standing up and moving around at least a few times per hour. It gets the blood moving and keeps you energetic throughout the day.
5. Keep a journal. At the end of each day, write a bit about what you did and how you did it. This self-reflective process will teach you more about how you work (and what you can do to improve it).
These exercises are designed to make you a more productive person, step by step, as long as you commit to doing them on a regular basis. In my experience, habits are the key to unlocking your true productivity potential, so stay consistent with them, and you'll go far.