Every time you create a blog post you're creating a new/unique page online (on the internet, across search engines). This means that you're increasing your chances of ranking in search results, having other websites link to you, and your post/blog being shared on social media. All of this results in new traffic to your site.
1. Why does blogging help your business and industry?
- Helps you attract new visitors to your website
Think about a stranger looking for information online. They have questions and problems that they need solved. They will then search out the answers. If they find your post, you've just given them an answer. You're a problem solver!
2. How can your blog convert those new visitors to leads?
- Once people have visited your site you have just opened up a door to them and you
The more you blog, the more that people will start to look to you as an expert in your industry and the more you blog it's inevitable you gain more subscribers (building your golden list).
You and your business will be seen as a trustworthy, reliable source of information. Blogging can turn prospects into customers on down the line.
3. How to create a successful blog!
- Pick a topic and a title -- No more than 60 characters (Remember keywords - search engine algorithms love it)
- Whitespace is your friend (Short paragraphs, sections, headings, bullets/numbers, bold)
5. Promoting your offers on your blog!
- Feature calls-to-action on the blog sidebar (Subscribe, free e-book, 15 min. free consult.)
Hope these 5 steps helps you get started at blogging. It certainly isn't all that compasses blogging but a start. So, take this knowledge and get writing.
Final blogging thoughts: You will find many resources and guides to get you started. A popular platform to get started is WordPress. The back end can and cannot be tricky to maneuver depending on the level of a blog you wish to have. Making money as a blogger is real. Either for business generation or as a primary occupation. Happy Blogging!
What is in your blogging toolbox? Comment below.
Credits: Inside image: http://www.oliviascuisine.com/1-month-of-blogging-madness/