Do you know how to identify if you are wearing a hair color that is not giving off your best? Many people unknowingly are walking around with a hair color choice that is making them appear dull, worn, unprofessional, outdated, odd, unbalanced and even older.
Your hair is one of the first things people see when they look at you and your hair also frames your face. Choosing to color your hair and what color or colors to put in your hair are key appearance choices that should not be taken lightly.
Could you be wearing a hair color right this moment that's making you look duller and older? Here are some tell-tale signs.
Top 5 Signs You Could Be Wearing a Hair Color That Does Not Give Off Your Best
1. When you look at yourself in the mirror, your eyes are more naturally drawn to look at your hair before your face. This also is the case when someone looks at you - they will see your hair before they see you because your hair color choice is overpowering you.
Example -- take a look at Kim Kardashian with deep brown hair compared with blonde hair in this link on People Magazine online. Do you notice your eyes naturally are more inclined to look at Kim's face and eyes when her hair is a deep brown? This is because the deep brown hair color is more aligned with her undertone and coloring.
2. When someone looks at you they cannot easily identify your eye color and your eye color is lacking vibrancy.
3. You may appear like you are feeling tired or dull when you really aren't feeling that way at all. People may make comments to this effect about you or you may feel this way when you look at yourself in the mirror.
4. There is significant color discrepancy between your natural eyebrow color and hair color choice.
5. Your hair color has never in your lifetime naturally been around the vicinity of the undertone, intensity or value of hair color you have chosen to dye it to.
[Side Note: You may have chosen to wear a hair color that is considered more funky or different to show off personality style. I totally get this reason. I am a creative type myself. Just be aware that you may not be giving off your best. Consider countering by wearing clothing, makeup and accessory colors that better align with your coloring.]
Now you have my top 5 signs that indicate you could be wearing a hair color that does not give off your best. If you are displaying any or all of the above 5 signs, there is no need to worry or feel overwhelmed.
Here are 3 fun, easy and effective remedy options:
- Visit a color analysis professional in your area to have a color analysis consultation completed for yourself. This process will guide you on your best color choices for clothing, hair, makeup and accessories.
- Visit a hair colorist who is also a trained color analysis professional.
- Visit a hair colorist who has significant training and / or experience guiding individuals on their most optimal hair colors. You will want to make sure they can determine your skin undertone at a minimum.
So, are you wearing a hair color that's making you look duller and older? What are you going to do about it?
I hope this blog post inspires you to wear your authenticity!
Carol Brailey is an Image Consultant who specializes in color analysis and hair color. More of her hair blogs are at carolbrailey.com.