Been wanting to shoot some short videos as part of your business content strategy, but not sure where to start?
Great news! I'm going to take you through a mini-strategy session today so you can get your video series planned and launched within the next two weeks. Strap on your seat belt and get ready for blast off!
First, please know that I am not an advocate of you jumping on the "video-marketing bandwagon" if:
- you don't feel comfortable in front of a camera
- you don't feel excited (i.e. an 8 out of 10 on a rating scale) about creating videos
I am not a content strategist who believes that just because videos are all the rage in the marketing world, everyone needs to make them. I want you to always put your best content into the world so others can get to know more about you and your business. In other words, don't force yourself to create videos if your gut is telling you not to.
Second, it's important for you to know that this video content strategy plan will help you no matter which platform you want to use. If you are looking to develop videos for Blab, or Periscope, or YouTube, this blog will help you find some clarity around the process for getting your video series started.
There are numerous ways to create videos for your brand and your business. Not only are videos fun to make, but they:
- show your viewers the REAL you
- help build an emotional connection with you
- showcase your personality
- highlight your expertise
- help boost your SEO
And...my favorite part is that you don't need to spend a ton of money (or any money at all!) to create videos. From personal branding videos, to how-to videos, to videos that show your evolution and the clients you work with, the sky is the limit when it's time to put a series together and launch it!
There are 5 steps to creating a powerful video strategy for your brand:
- Determine what you want to be known for in business.
- Brainstorm content for your video series.
- Plan your first two episodes.
- Create an intro and outro for your videos.
- Optimize your videos (known as SEO) so that people can find them.
If you are looking for more clarity around this topic, I invite you to attend my free training called How To Create A Video Strategy (For Blab, YouTube or Periscope) In Just 5 Simple Steps. Simply click here to register.