Salad Dressing 101 is pretty simple; all you need to make a healthy sugar-free salad dressing is oil, vinegar or acidic juice and flavor boosters. Store-bought salad dressing tends to be laden with chemicals and artificial ingredients. The good news is it's easy and incredibly delicious to make your own salad dressing with common ingredients like olive oil, ginger, lemon and garlic. Here are five amazing dressings including Miso Ginger and Cumin Tahini to add a burst of flavor to all your favorite salads. Get creative and toss in your favorite flavor enhancers like ginger, mustard, sriracha or fresh herbs!
1. Balsamic Hummus Salad Dressing: Whisk 5 Tbsp. hummus, 4 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar, 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, 1 tsp. garlic powder, sea salt and pepper, to taste in a small bowl until combined and serve.
2. Miso Ginger Salad Dressing: Puree 1/2 cup chickpea miso paste, 3 Tbsp. honey, 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar, 3 Tbsp. sesame oil, 3 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh ginger, juice of 1 large lemon in a blender until smooth and serve.
3. Cumin Tahini Salad Dressing: Puree 2 Tbsp. tahini, pinch ground cumin, 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice, 1 Tbsp. water, 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil, 4 Tbsp. honey, sea salt, pepper pinch cayenne pepper in a blender until smooth. Add more water if needed. Serve.
4. Creamy Avocado Salad Dressing: Puree 1 pitted, peeled and chopped avocado, 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, juice of 1 lime, 3 Tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice, 2 chives, 1 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro, sea salt and pepper to taste in a blender until smooth and serve.
5. Lemon Herb Creamy Salad Dressing: Puree 1/2 cup hemp hearts, juice of 1 lemon, 4 chives, 1 Tbsp. chopped dill, 1 small garlic clove, 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro, sea salt and pepper to taste in a blender until smooth. Add more water if needed. Serve.
For more detoxifying recipes and tips on how I detoxed from 10 years of chronic illness, visit my website TheHealthyApple.com: http://thehealthyapple.com/ and sign up here: http://thehealthyapple.com/newsletter/ for your FREE Anti-Inflammatory Grocery Guide. Looking for a meal plan to get you through the next few months? Try my 3 Month Anti-Inflammatory Meal Plan here: http://thehealthyapple.com/e-books/