Sometimes feeling scattered and confused about business is the very thing that stops us from creating awesome things. Having too many ideas and getting excited all the time is fun and everything but too many ideas can lead to procrastination and overwhelm. When I was a young girl I dreamed of being a clothing designer. For years I talked about doing it, but never started designing until I was 25 with two small children at home. I truly believe if ideas get stuck in our head, they sometimes never come to life.
Most of the dreams that have come to life for me are the ones I planned for. Yes!! I embrace my creative side but the creative side only gets you so far. At some point we must grab onto the logical side and tackle it. Once my dreams and ideas were organized into vision books, business plans and actual tangible visuals for me to refer to, that is when it all came alive!
After building two clothing brands from scratch successfully people have wondered how I have a "do it anyway" attitude towards life and business. And when I thought really hard about it, it came down to mindset, vision planning and taking action. We all go through times where we feel confused about our path, it's completely normal. But it's always nice to have something that can ground you, create clarity and keep you on track for taking inspired action, right?
5 Steps to Feeling More Focused in Business and Life.
1. If you feel overwhelmed or undecided on your next business or life change, stop everything. Take a step back, breathe, take a few days to yourself. Taking the pressure off, can actually form new, calm and focused thoughts. I used to fight the fact that stepping back essentially created more inspired momentum after the break.
2.Take a serious look at what you are good at and what you enjoy doing. Building a business is not always an easy task. Changing your life or building a business is a process and takes time and work. We all know being independent comes with many sacrificing moments. It's not always easy but if you enjoy most of what you are doing, you will feel more at ease more often.
3. Write everything down and get in touch with the easy going nature of recording your ideas in a note book. Don't worry if they are messy and all over the place. The idea is to get your ideas on paper. Get the inspiration flowing.
4. Make sure you cross off over complicated time consuming crap from your list of wants for the future. I promise eliminating the tasks that no longer serve you, truly helps reveal the path in front of you, instead of a bunch of stuff crowding out your purpose.
5. Last but not least, take steps of action. Even if they are small baby steps. The action mixed with planning and vision will in fact get things moving in the right direction. Think of the path to clarity as a trimming exercise. Trimming things that don't serve, planning strategically and creatively and then taking action on the focused ideas going forward.
I have developed a free mini Vision Book for Success based on my proven methods for multi passionate creative people like me. Click here to grab it while its available.
5 things to get you moving forward.
1. Buy a pretty notebook in your favorite color.
2. Find some time away from the everyday to do some deep thinking.
3. Write down your thoughts, all thoughts that make you feel excited and motivated.
4. Take small steps of action, as small as calling a friend and asking what they think about your ideas.
5. Get planning now, planning gets the mind working towards your goals.