Are you feeling stuck? I was today as I tried to write this blog. I knew I wanted to write but felt completely blocked. My normal pattern is to sit down, meditate, write a letter to God and ask for guidance. I'm usually fairly methodical and take steps to ensure I'm in a high vibration to receive guidance. But today I didn't do that. I had been out running errands and, instead of taking time to nurture myself into a receptive space, I came in and plopped down at my computer.
I tried over and over again to get a clear message, but no matter how many times I tried, I struggled. It felt hard. Nothing was flowing. So finally, I stepped away from my computer and sat down in a comfy chair to meditate and ask for help.
I first gave thanks for the message that was about to be revealed. I had no idea what the message was, but trusted that as long as I asked, help would show up. That's when I was told to take a walk. I didn't hear a booming voice. I never do. Instead, it was a message that came through my pen when I wrote with my less-dominant hand. Because I've seen over and over again how writing with my "other" hand is my intuition talking to me, I KNEW I needed to listen.
I was thrilled with this guidance. I was certain that taking a walk meant to head outside. I couldn't wait. And then it started to rain! "What????" I thought to myself. "I must have really gotten that message wrong!"
I almost went back to my desk to trudge through my blog. Thankfully, I felt a nudge to take a walk around my house. As soon as I got to my living room, I stopped.
My antennae went up. That's when my whole body knew I was being guided on a magical adventure to receive a message if I would simply pay attention and listen!
I breathed a sigh of relief and sank deeper into trust.
I felt another nudge to pick up a book that sat next to my couch. I asked, "What page do I turn to?" I got a number and read the message on that page. But only one thing popped out at me: resistance.
My first thought was, "Okay. I can write about resistance."
I continued to stroll around my home and then out on my covered back porch to get my body moving and my oxygen flowing. I allowed thoughts about the topic of resistance to flow in and out. Within a matter of minutes, one thought stopped me in my tracks. I heard, "This is not just for your readers, Terri. This is for you, too. You've been in resistance with your blog today. You've felt stuck because you didn't allow God to flow through you."
Oh my goodness! As soon as I heard that message I knew it was the truth. I had been completely stuck in my head at my computer until I allowed myself to get up and take a walk. And in a state of surrender, I opened up to receive my blog and some guidance for you. Woo hoo! And it only took a few minutes to get clear once I made a decision to open up to receive help by nurturing myself into a higher vibration.
To move into a Divine flow, you have to think about the vibration you're holding.
Resistance is a low vibration. Your goal is to get into a high vibration so you can open up to receive the answers you need.
Where are you stuck in your life? I'm sure you've heard that old saying "What you resist persists." Are you having a hard time getting clear? Want to let go and move into a Divine flow so you open up to receive help?
Here are five simple steps to get unstuck...
- Step away and find a place to nurture yourself. When you realize that you're stuck, get up! I had to move away from my computer and settle into my big comfy chair. By making a decision to nurture myself, I immediately shifted into a higher vibration.
- Give thanks. Gratitude takes you into a high vibration. As you give thanks for recognizing that you've been in resistance and KNOW that you're being invited into a Divine flow, you will open up to receive the message you need with a lot more ease.
- Create a connection. I sat down with my journal. Journaling is my safe haven. I write to God every day and create that connection. So when I'm in resistance, I trust that this will help. Sometimes it just takes a little while for me to remember this when I'm in resistance! Do what works for you. The key is that as you create a connection, you are holding a vibration that says, "YES! I am worthy of receiving guidance!"
- Change your attitude. When you grasp at things trying to get answers, you move into resistance again. It's as if you're sending an energetic message to the Universe that says, "I don't want the answer! I want to struggle some more!" Try this instead: Change your attitude. Think of what's happening as a grand adventure. See it as play. Play is a very high vibration.
- Pay attention. Listen to your body and feel the nudges. Follow them like I did when I walked around the house and then picked up the book. Or if you're talking to a friend, listen between the lines. You can even do this with the radio or television. If you feel a nudge to turn on one of these, ask for a channel to turn to. Then pay attention to what is happening. Whatever your attention is being drawn to is your guidance. It may be a verse of a song that stands out to you. Or, you might see the name of a show in the television menu that hits home. You'll know if you listen to your body's reactions. If you don't quite understand the message, stop, check in with yourself to see if you're present and pay attention to your feelings again.
Practicing these five steps daily in everything you do will make life so much easier! Thankfully, I only sat at my desk for about an hour today trying to write this blog before I finally knew I needed to step away. In the past, I might have struggled for days and kept myself at a low vibration. I am so thankful I followed the nudges of my heart today. I found myself on a magical adventure of little messages that guided me to help you. It was like a treasure hunt!
Resisting is what we do as humans. We resist guidance because we get stuck in our heads. But when you take a moment to surrender and breathe, and allow God to take over by listening to the nudges within, you shift your vibration into a Divine flow and open up to receive the answers you need.
Terri Britt is a spiritual coach, inspirational speaker, former Miss USA, and the award-winning author of The Enlightened Mom. Are you ready to raise your worthiness quotient and lead a life you love? Grab my free e-book Women Leaders of Love: How to End the #1 Massive Mistake Women Make and Unleash Your Greatest Act of Service and I'll show you how!