Spring Break is around the corner. With colds, flu and bugs in general still all around us, I always do a little extra to keep my immune system strong so I don’t succumb. If you are traveling over spring break, that makes your chances of catching something even greater! Check out these tips to keep colds and flu at bay and help keep you feeling your best on your spring break!
1. Keep it clean! When we are in places or using things that can get germy (gyms, yoga mats, phones, keyboards, planes, etc.) use a cleansing wipe to clean areas you will be touching. It’s also a good idea to avoid touching your nose and mouth. Germs spreading from your hands are one of the quickest ways to catch a cold or flu!
2. Black Elderberry Goodness! A recent study showed that Elderberry supplementation reduced cold symptoms and duration in air travelers. It’s a powerful antioxidant that promotes healthy immune function so Black Elderberry is a great preventative before you get sick too! Sambucol Black Elderberry makes gummies and syrup that are great to take before you get sick or to get well quickly! Plus, I love the taste!
3. Saline Spray! It’s a convenient alternative to a neti pot. It’s also much easier to use and transport. Using a saline nasal spray while traveling helps to get rid of unwanted bacteria in nasal passages!
4. Get a rub down! In addition to reducing stress and soothing aches and pains, massages increase circulation. This helps provide more oxygen to the blood and support our bodies own ways to fight germs. Massages also help with lymphatic drainage, so it really is therapeutic!
5. Sweat it out. If your gym has a steam room or sauna, a quick sweat session will help rid your body of toxins. Great for cold and flu season or even a late night. Even a good steam in the shower at home with a few drops of eucalyptus oil will keep sinuses clear. This is always an incredible pick me up!