The streets are still coloured in many glassy lights, the parks are still filled with children with happy faces, and merry songs are still being played. No doubt,the festive season is slowly winding up and while businesses are enjoying some sort of break, some are on the clock monitoring, evaluating and strategizing new ways to rake in profit.
Many have laid out plans for their new year. As 2017 slowly cruises into full gear, it is normal for individuals and brands to settle down and make preparations that are almost sure to guarantee that 2017 turns out a greater year than 2016 was.
Speaking to an entrepreneur friend, it was clear that most businesses are employing some slightly new measures to improve customer experiences, services, or product delivery. Perhaps some of their moves may be of use to your business.
1. Online security- Interestingly, many businesses, especially the small and medium, ones hardly take this particular step seriously. Nowadays, businesses are careful about their internet data safety thus encrypting it. Some plan to anonymize their IP addresses using various tools to improve online privacy and check security. The aim at the end of the day is to improve internal work conditions for staff.
2. Workforce appreciation- Businesses, no matter how small, are making plans to maximize the current workforce they have especially the millennials. Truthfully, it's hard to have the perfect workforce, but with the right push, appreciation and communication, the most can be gotten from the current crop of workforce you wield.
3. Never walk alone- It'll surprise you the heights your business can reach when you collaborate. New frontiers don't have to be conquered on your own. Sharing skills, knowledge and experience can add immense value to the structure of your business.
4. Outsource the others- We were taught the essence and benefits of division of labour. Once it was said that if you want to go fast, work alone but if you want to go farther, walk in packs. Businesses can always remain thought leaders in their sphere even if they outsource some services to other contractors.
5. Diversify your portfolio- In the spirit of streaming in profit, it is wise to diversify and invest in as many channels as possible. In 2017, look for avenues to make more wealth than your business is currently offering.
Make the right moves for your business and let the rest of the year thank you for them.