Inbound marketing does the work for you, generating tons of new leads, but with these strategies, you can refine your lead flow and increase qualified leads.
Inbound marketing is one of the best strategies around -- with the proper structures in place, you can build your online reputation and let all the leads come to you, rather than the other way around. But having a huge volume of new leads isn't always the best strategy; if those leads aren't your key demographic or if they aren't a good fit for your company, you could lose out.
Try these strategies to improve the quality of your leads in your inbound marketing campaign:
1. Use Selective Engagement to Build a Targeted Following. Reach out to people on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn who specifically fit your key demographics. Eventually you'll nurture a perfect following for your link building.
2. Use Multiple Gateways to Filter Out Unworthy Leads. For example, you could write a piece of content that filters out people uninterested in your topic, and lead to a landing page that filters out people not within your demographic requirements.
3. Set Up Separate Landing Pages for Each User Type. If you have the resources, setting up multiple landing pages can increase the relevance of each. Make them as specific and as targeted as possible.
4. Increase Spend on Selective Advertising. You can use advertising strategies like Facebook Ads sparingly in order to increase traffic from a highly targeted demographic. For example, Facebook Ads allows you to target only people of a given age, sex, geographic location, and interest makeup.
5. Cater to Your Audience. Conduct regular surveys to find out what people think about your content strategy, and what you can do to improve it. Ask the people who will be buying your product -- and write specifically for them.
As with any strategy, these will take time to learn and perfect. Make gradual adjustments as you learn more about how they fit into your brand, and they'll nurture your lead generation for years to come.
Jose Vasquez is a serial entrepreneur and tech enthusiast dedicated to helping startup technology companies get the direction and momentum they need to succeed. As the founder of Build. Brand. Blast., Jose has established a collective resource for tech entrepreneurs to consult when brainstorming, creating, launching, or expanding a new business. Jose is also the founder and CEO of Quez Media Marketing, a marketing firm that combines technology and creativity to help new and growing companies get the results they need.
Jose graduated from Goldman Sachs' 10,000 Small Businesses program. Goldman Sachs is a partner of the What Is Working: Small Businesses section.
How to vote
Vote-by-mail ballot request deadline: Varies by state
For the Nov 3 election: States are making it easier for citizens to vote absentee by mail this year due to the coronavirus. Each state has its own rules for mail-in absentee voting. Visit your state election office website to find out if you can vote by mail.Get more information
In-person early voting dates: Varies by state
Sometimes circumstances make it hard or impossible for you to vote on Election Day. But your state may let you vote during a designated early voting period. You don't need an excuse to vote early. Visit your state election office website to find out whether they offer early voting.My Election Office
General Election: Nov 3, 2020
Polling hours on Election Day: Varies by state/localityMy Polling Place