The holidays are a great time to engage your intuition to help you to enjoy connecting with others and tune into internal guidance. Plus, it is the perfect time to practice paying attention to the intuitive side of you so you can strengthen your awareness of intuitive messages. Here are some ways your can use your intuition during the holidays.
1. If you're shopping for a gift during the holidays you can use your intuition to help you choose the best one. Sometimes you may not be sure of what someone would like if you don't know them well, or you know them too well it may be difficult to know that perfect gift. Here's how you can use your intuition to help. Here's an example of an intuition technique you can use. Say you're in the store and your shopping for a clothing accessory for a friend but you're not quite sure which color or style they would like. Among the choices in front of you, imagine your friend wearing each one and ask your intuition in your mind, "How does
2. You can also use holiday get togethers to really intuitively connect to someone. Take the time when conversing with friends for family to receive not only what you hear when they speak, but what do you feel and sense? Allow yourself to be the witness, the observer and pay attention to yourself as the listener. You may be surprised at what pops up inside you when you are just present during the conversation and tuned in. This allows you to absorb so much more of what someone is sharing with you beyond their words.
3. Sometimes the holidays take us away from our usual routine, which is a good thing, it keeps our minds on our toes with the opportunity to experience something new, or perhaps in a new way. Just enjoying your physical senses, seeing, feeling, hearing the holiday sights, sounds without any thoughts or judgement exercises your awareness of your intuitive side. See what it evokes in you. This is how intuition comes to us, it pops up and is plain without judgement, criticism and just presents itself as it is. You may also enjoy yourself more to take this mini break from the hustle and rush of the holiday season.
4. Going to an office party? or holiday gathering? If you like to engage and talk a lot, take a moment break and sit back to absorb what's going on around you, can you see what happening in a non-engaged way? How are others interacting with each other, how does the room and environment feel to you? This allows your "intuition mind" to give you impressions. Perhaps you'll intuitively discover things you didn't realize before!
5. The last one is to use your eyes and your heart. There are so many wonderful displays, pictures, photographs, and holiday sights that are a feast for your eyes. When you look pay attention to how it makes your heart sing or stir up some wonderful emotions. That is how I pick the photos for my newsletters, with my intuition by looking at the pictures and noticing how they make me feel. I choose the good feeling ones! It's a great intuition exercise!
Intuition is always with us, it is part of our human nature and mind. Working with your intuition and continually practice using it will strengthen your ability to engage it when you need it. Enjoying the holidays is a fun way to exercise your intuition.