By Gabe Bergado
There's no shortage of memes that Kermit the Frog has helped inspire. While the most famous one is arguably a picture of him sipping some tea which inadvertently spun into the Tea Lizard debacle, a new Kermit meme has taken the internet by storm. Evil Kermit and his villainous temptations have spread through online culture, memorializing the Muppet once more through internet jokes and sparking a slew of remixes.
The scene on which Evil Kermit is based comes from Muppets Most Wanted, the 2014 musical comedy starring Kermit and company. In the movie, Kermit is approached by his evil doppelgänger Constantine who's dressed in a dark cloak, just like a Sith Lord from Star Wars. Within the film's context, it's a look-a-like of the protagonist. But in the meme, it's as if your evil side tells you to do something you know you shouldn't do.
Twitter user @aaannnnyyyyaaaa looks to have started the viral phenomenon.
me: sees a fluffy dog
me to me: steal him pic.twitter.com/XuJFCBi7st
-- anya (@aaannnnyyyyaaaa) November 6, 2016
Here are the 50 best Evil Kermits, including notable spin-offs like Evil Miss Piggy:
50. Sounds like the typical college experience.
49. Nobody will know.
48. But think of the staleness.
47. Dating, man.
46. Bae goals.
45. Thanksgiving struggles.
44. Always say yes to waffle fries.
43. Nice try.
42. For couples that always fight.
41. Pass the mashed potatoes, please.
40. What happened to trust?
39. When guests are the worst.
38. Can't resist.
37. Forget him.
36. Praise social media.
Me: This is a cute pic I'm sure bae would like it
Other me: The timeline would like it way more pic.twitter.com/D8FWxlE1WI
— Black Widow (@LITsauce) November 14, 2016
34. Everyone's guilty of this.
33. When sci-fi meets relationship anxieties.
32. Every. Single. Time.
31. The source of the worst hangovers.
30. Who needs a gym membership.
29. When the fuckboi tendencies take over.
Me: "I really click with this girl, she's funny too. I'm not tryna mess this up"
Me to me: "dm her friend." pic.twitter.com/LumdohRNXo
— ㅤㅤhouston (@MannyEuphoria_) November 13, 2016
28. The fuckboi returns.
27. This is how procrastination happens.
26. Everything's your business.
25. Making some spending changes.
24. No such thing as too many cats.
23. Every morning.
22. What you don't know can't hurt you.
21. How to get away with everything.
20. Don't start drama at the dinner table.
19. What a catch.
18. A meal's a meal.
17. Getting those rage clicks.
16. Two can play that game.
15. Sounds like a plan.
14. Seems reasonable.
Me: "He a jerk and he dont treat me right"
Inner me: "He got a big dick, let him" pic.twitter.com/eWXZeB5XM6
— definitely not liz (@w0ahliz) November 20, 2016
13. Always be extra.
12. Anything for a cheeseburger.
11. Shouldn't he?
9. Now we know what was going through her head.
8. Britney knows Britney best.
7. Yeah, right.
6. Sounds like the perfect plan for the holidays.
5. An age-old mating ritual.
2. Every dog.
Me: The fam sleeping
Inner me: bark pic.twitter.com/Bw9CdQo7Tp
— Common White Girl (@girlposts) November 21, 2016
1. Game over.
MORE FROM INVERSE:
It's a 'This is Fine' Dog Eat Dank Meme World
The Best Political Memes of 2016
Why Hate Couldn't Burst the Pepe Bubble
The 35 Best 'Pokémon Sun' and 'Moon' Memes
The 50 Best Joe Biden Memes