Getting exposure for your business seems like an overwhelming task at times. Just getting started is the part that stops just about everyone. One problem entrepreneurs face...not knowing what they should cover in press releases.
Most likely you're the same...
But you're probably missing multiple opportunities every month...things that you are already doing that are worthy of media attention.
Read over the 50 suggestions below, and see how many could write a press release on right now.
1. Positioning yourself as the "Expert Hero" that can solve your prospects biggest problem
2. Share your small business mission statement
3. Share a free "tip sheet" available at your website
4. Share a free "FAQ" sheet available at your website
5. Share a free "ebook" available at your website
6. Share a free "special report" available at your website
7. Announce that you are providing free "consultations"
8. Unveil a new or unusual use for your product
9. Reveal a fun contest you will be running
10. Reveal a sweepstakes that you will be promoting
11. Publish the results of a poll you created
12. Publish the results of a research study you conducted
13. Announce an upcoming teleseminar you are hosting
14. Announce an upcoming webinar you are hosting
15. Announce an upcoming local workshop you are running
16. Announce a "lunch and learn" session you are running
17. Reveal how [your product or service] can solve _________________
18. Reveal why [your product or service] will save your prospect MONEY
19. Reveal why [your product or service] will save your prospect TIME
20. Reveal why [your product or service] will make your prospect's LIFE EASIER
21. Share how [your product or service] will help your prospect AVOID COMMON MISTAKES
22. Create a "Top Ten Best Uses of Your Product or Service"
23. Publish a collection of testimonials from satisfied customers/clients
24. Share your customers' success stories
25. Take a stand on a controversial issue
26. Make a prediction
27. Identify a trend you are noticing within your industry
28. Debunk a common myth in your industry
29. Share an inspirational story related to your small business
30. Share a stirring story about overcoming an obstacle
31. Share a story about a customer who didn't use your product or service - and was very sorry!
32. Sponsor a local event and write about it
33. Share how your small business is taking major steps to "go green"
34. Create a fun and unusual reason to offer a discount on a product or service
35. Publish your work with a local charity
36. Establish a scholarship in the name of your small business
37. Piggy-back on a "hot-news" story
38. Create an award and give-it away
39. Explain why you started your small business - the "human-interest" side of your biz
40. Tie your press release to a holiday
41. Create a fun and unique reason to have a BIG SALE
42. Interview a competitor and publish it
43. Create an extraordinary guarantee on your product or service and write about it
44. Debate the pros and cons of relevant research you've conducted in your industry
45. Answer the most common three questions prospects have about your product
46. Create a podcast and write about it
47. Share a free "PowerPoint" available at Slideshare
48. Share a free "video lesson" available on your YouTube channel
49. Share a successful blog post and ask for comments by directing prospects to the post
50. Do a press release interview swap - have a colleague interview you and publish it. Offer to interview your colleague for their own press release as well.