We know, we know, mason jars again? Believe it or not, this uber-versatile craft goodie is still being reinvented. From summer cocktail glasses to hanging planters and even mosquito-fighting candles, your collection of mason jars can take on a new meaning.
Brit + Co connects you with innovative ideas, apps, and products that add creativity and simplicity to your everyday life.
This post was published on the now-closed HuffPost Contributor platform. Contributors control their own work and posted freely to our site. If you need to flag this entry as abusive, send us an email.
We know, we know, mason jars again? Believe it or not, this uber-versatile craft goodie is still being reinvented. From summer cocktail glasses to hanging planters and even mosquito-fighting candles, your collection of mason jars can take on a new meaning with just a simple dip of paint and a bit of creativity. Check out these whopping 56 ways to repurpose your jars and put them to good use.
1. Polka Dot Jars: A few dots of puffy paint go a long way. Allow the adorable, fruit-inspired jars to dry overnight and you are ready to go. (via Whipperberry)
7. Mason Jar Aquarium: Have the kids each make their own underwater creation and take the opportunity to do a little ocean lesson. This project is so much fun they will never suspect they're learning at the same time. (via Hello, Wonderful)
19. Painted Succulent Planter: Place a few rocks in the bottom of each jar for added drainage and remember not to overwater. Even the most novice gardener can keep these babies flourishing. (via Lolly Jane)
36. Dirt Pudding: Made of layers of chocolate pudding, cool whip and crushed Oreo cookies, these pudding are so good even the adults will love them. (via Better in Bulk)
37. Utensil Holder: The buffet line will move with ease once you put out this DIY utensil holder. Attach it to the fence for a more permanent solution if you constantly eat al fresco. (via Design, Dining and Diapers)
38. Soap Dispenser: Throw out that old plastic soap dispenser (but save the pump!) and give your kitchen a straight-from-the-magazine look. (via Love Grows Wild)
46. Easy Buffet Service: Create a grab-and-go station so guests get their napkin, silverware and cup at the same time. Everything will be streamlined so you're not running around looking for extra forks at the last second. (via The Sweetest Occasion)
47. Whipped Cream: Now you can have whipped cream that's better than the store-bought stuff with just a few flicks of the wrist. (via Saveur)
48. Storage Jars: Gather a few different knobs to make a collection of storage jars that double as decorative art. (via Lolly Jane)