Whether it's a Harry Potter-inspired room under the stairs or an entire ghost town in the backyard, Americans love to incorporate movies into their homes. Not convinced? Perhaps these six homes featuring a tribute to an American films will convince you. Also, they're for sale. You can buy them, but they are expensive.
1) The Wizard of Oz: Laguna Beach, CA -- $4,699,000. View the entire home here.
Featuring an Emerald City mural in the background and carpet emblazoned with a yellow brick road, this Oz-themed room even has a Tin Man hidden behind the curtain. Trust me. In addition to this home, there's also a home owned by Bert Lahr, who played the Cowardly Lion in The Wizard of Oz, and another home once owned by the family of L. Frank Baum, author of The Wizard of Oz.
2) Batman: Santa Fe, CA -- $3,795,000. View the entire home here.
3) Flintstones: Malibu, CA -- $3,250,000. View the entire Flintstone-themed compound here.
4) Pirates of the Caribbean: Duluth, GA -- $994,950. View the entire home here.
It's not hard to guess who has the most popular pool parties in this neighborhood. However, this pool is in close competition with this awesome home theater reproduction of the Pirates of the Caribbean.
5) The Dark Knight (Batman #2): Hinsdale, IL -- $2,550,000. View the more Bruce Wayne-like portion of the home.
These homes are all impressive, but it's understandable you're disappointed this list doesn't include a cavernous home with a Fraggle Rock theme, a converted tractor trailer in honor of Over The Top, or an underwater castle inspired by The Little Mermaid. And if that's too much to ask we'd at least like to see the house from The Goonies go back on the market.