This post is a follow up to the previously published piece "3 Steps to Connect With Your Spirit Guide." In that post, I explained how to establish a relationship with the spiritually protective presence that serves as your earthly guardian and mentor. If you have followed those steps with heartfelt intention, you may be wondering about the validation aspect of the relationship. The initial validations should occur about a week to ten days out from initiating the procedure. You may receive only one or you may receive any number of validations in combination with one another. Here, then, are six signs of which to be aware as your spirit guide makes his or her presence known in your life:
1. Validation of the name. You have been instructed to select one name by which to christen your spirit guide in order to make the relationship personal and palatable enough for you to relate to this unique communion. Have you encountered a manifestation of this name under unusual circumstances? For example, one young man whom I had mentored in this process was passionate about music and played guitar in a band. After meditating, he decided to call his spirit guide Roland, a fairly uncommon name. Within a week, he received a catalog in the mail addressed to him from a company with which he had never before done business. The front cover of the catalog was a close-up image of a guitar and the name of the company was printed in large letters across the top of the front cover: ROLAND. Non-believers will qualify this as mere coincidence; believers will appreciate the synchronicity of the timing, the fact that the unsolicited catalog was addressed to my friend by name, that the instrument of his musical interest was illustrated on the cover, and, of course, the affirmation of his spirit guide's name.
2. Ringing in one ear. This ringing sensation may occur when you are in moments of high thought, contemplating spiritual questions; or it may occur when you are feeling a strong, high-vibration emotion such as happiness, compassion and love. The ringing will be temporary and will endure for about the amount of time it takes for you to recognize its connection to what you're experiencing in the moment it occurs. For example, you might be watching or reading a news story about a child who independently takes up a cause to fundraise money in order to be of service to someone in her community. As the feeling of altruism and appreciation resonates within you, the ringing may begin. This is your guide confirming, "Yes, yes! Feel more of this feeling more often and employ it to serve others." The ringing should be neither unpleasant nor intrusive, as is the way of your guide. (Of course if it persists and becomes unpleasant or intrusive, seek medical advice. Your guide would not be the source of anything detrimental to your health.)
3. Pinpoint of light. You may see an unexpected blue flash of light out of the corner of one eye, or you may see a sphere of spiritual energy, commonly called an "orb." The light or orb may even travel by bobbing about or moving quickly through your space. If you engage in prayer and meditation, you may actually "see" in your mind's eye a pinpoint of light that lingers long enough for you to acknowledge its presence. The pinpoint of light may come simultaneous to your experiencing the sensation of high thought and emotion, or it may come as you are thinking about the loving and supportive presence that is your spirit guide. As before, this should not be persistent, unpleasant or intrusive; if so, please seek medical advice.
4. Seeing "3s." After naming your spirit guide, you may become increasingly aware of seeing things in sets of three. One interpretation is that this symbolizes the Holy Trinity. Most often, the threes manifest in two forms. One is seeing three birds of the same species together, such as three black crows or three bright red cardinals. The other form is seeing a sequence of the same three numbers on a digital clock, such as 1:11 or 3:33. When this occurs, and you become conscious and aware of it, pay attention to what or whom you were thinking of in the moment just prior to seeing the threes. It should be spiritually or emotionally significant.
5. Sensing a presence. Another sign your spirit guide is near is that you'll feel you're not alone even when you're alone. Most often, you will experience this sensation when you are engaged in the act of creating or composing something. This is one way in which our spirit guides partner with us: to collaborate in the act of manifesting something of usefulness, purpose and ingenuity. It may be that you feel guided when engaged in crafting a work of art or a musical composition; or you may receive a rejuvenation of energy or inspiration just when you need it when problem solving. If you are communicating significant concepts with others, you may find that the proper approach and phrasing of language will be "impressed" within you, granting you greater authenticity.
6. Mentorship opportunities. If you have come so far in your spiritual awakening as to invite the collaboration of your spirit guide, you may be prepared to receive spiritual mentorship opportunities. This may come in the form of your limits being tested, such as resisting a temptation that presents itself (where you previously would've succumbed), or better discerning right from wrong so that you extricate yourself from culpability in any wrongdoing. These opportunities will be synchronous and obvious enough for you to recognize that they were "planted" with deliberate intention to see how you'd react. Similar mentoring opportunities may manifest in dreams. When I was engaged in the process of emerging and evolving, I began being tutored in nightly dreams. This was the perfect vehicle for me as in dreams I was a captive audience and the unusual circumstances were completely plausible in context (as opposed to being freaked out by the same things happening in real time). In the dreams I had during this period, I was shown the despicable, degrading things people will do to themselves and to others for money. I was shown how to maximize mind over matter by opening a nightstand drawer with my thoughts. And I was with my spirit guide for the lesson in which I learned that thought equals form. Other lessons may manifest in problem-solving situations, like the dream I had in which I was responsible for preserving a gallon of milk for a family's supper on a hot July day (I located a workman with a cooler who allowed me to store the milk in it until needed).
None of these experiences should be unsettling whatsoever. It is appropriate to interpret them as blessings, especially when connected to high-vibration thought or emotion. These signs your spirit guide is here are part and parcel of elevating your spiritual frequency so that you are poised to be the conduit for all that is right and true and good and kind.
For further information on guides, guardians and all things spiritual, click here.