While many of us look forward to hitting the magical age where we can collect retirement income and say goodbye to a lifetime of 9-to-5 work, it seems celebrities are a different species.
Here are some famous post 50s who say retirement might as well be a four-letter word.
2. Warren Buffett, 85, has billions of dollars at his disposal but says he doesn't work for the money.
3. Judi Dench, 80, has left an enduring legacy in film including her best-known role as "M" in the Bond franchise.
"I don’t want to be told I can’t do something. I’ll just have a go at it and I may make a terrible mess of it but I’d sooner make a mess than not have a go at all... What matters is your determination not to give up and not to stop learning new things."
4. Paul McCartney, 73, has been making music for decades since "The Beatles" split.
5. Karl Lagerfeld, 82, has made a name for himself in the fashion world as a designer and creative director.
6. Clint Eastwood, 85, has seen his career go from on-screen heartthrob to behind-the-scenes director.
7. Sophia Loren, 81, says she doesn't ever want to stop learning, no matter how old she gets.
Also on HuffPost: