Your relationship is new-ish, but not THAT new. You’re getting sick of simply playing kissy face, but you’re not sure how to break the ice so that you end up in the bedroom instead of the ‘bored room’. There are a few things you can do to get your partner’s attention without being too obvious. (3 Biggest Mistakes Women Make in Bed.)
First, it’s helpful to understand that there are two types of intimacy when it comes to relationships, experiential intimacy and sexual intimacy, so you know exactly what you’re looking for at this stage of your relationship.
“Experiential intimacy is when a couple is actively involved in doing something they enjoy doing together—whether it’s dancing, hiking, cooking, painting, or gardening,” says Dr. Ava Cadell, a world renowned love guru, author and president of The American College of Sexologists International. “In these instances, they are interacting mentally, physically, and emotionally.”
For some women, this is all it takes to maintain a fulfilling relationship early in the game. Other women, however, crave physical stimulation.
“Sexual intimacy is a slow burning passion that can include a variety of activities, such as caressing, kissing, massaging, oral pleasure, or sexual positions while eye-gazing with one hand on each other’s heart,” explains Dr. Cadell, who also founded Loveology University, an online resource for sensual knowledge. “This is a synchronized energetic exchange that results in deeper intimacy with a heart and soul connection.”
So if you’re hoping to steam things up in the bedroom, but aren’t sure how to make that happen naturally, here are 6 tips that relationship coach and author of Celebrating Single and Getting Love Right: From Stalemate to SoulmateL. Joan Allen came up with to help you initiate a passionate night.
Tips for Breaking the (Sexual) Ice
1. Make fleeting physical contact with him. For example, brush his hair back away from his face.
2. Engage in flirtatious banter that leads the conversation in an intimate direction.
3. Make a bold request, like “Shut up and kiss me!”
4. Wear something that bares a little more skin than usual, such as a sexy, low cut dress.
5. Serve foods and drinks that are known to be aphrodisiacs, such as oysters, chocolate and red wine. Then light a few candles to set the mood.
6. Give him a little gift that shows you’re into him. If you’re not sure what to buy, try giving him cologne and then tell him, “I can’t wait to find out what this smells like on you!” Or, you could buy him a tie. After he opens it, draw him close as you slowly tie it around his neck and then pull him in for a passionate kiss. Keep it to use in the bedroom later!
7. If you’re a woman who has trouble showing emotion, talk to your partner over a cup of coffee in a place where you can be alone. Tell him “I’m feeling close to you. Are you ready to take the relationship to the next level?,” suggests Allen. With any luck, his answer will be yes!
More from GalTime:
For more relationship advice, be sure to check out Dr. Cadell’s latest book, NeuroLoveology: The Power to Mindful Love and Sex, which is endorsed by Dr. John Gray, author of Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus.