by Elizabeth Mitchell, BRIDES
If you've ever been single (duh!), you can sympathize with the fact that navigating the world of weddings when you're unattached is a whole different beast than tackling the scene with a partner in crime by your side. Surrounded by true love and the reminder that you haven't found it yet can stir up a whole range of emotions, both good and bad. Case in point below!
1. I'm seriously going to kill her if she sits me at a table with all single people. She wouldn't do that though, would she? OMG, would she!? Where's my place card? Must find table number now.
2. This wedding would have been so much better with a plus one, but I get it. It's not like I'll just be giving out plus ones to all the single people when I'm a bride either. There probably won't be any left anyway. Crap...my wedding is going to be expensive!
3. Are bouquet tosses like, still a thing now? Hmm, I wonder if the bride is doing one? Maybe I'll ask someone just to, you know, see. That way I can strategically plan my bathroom break exit for that exact moment. Not about to be singled out for being single! Although fighting some random chick over flowers would definitely be a new low.
4. Whoa, that's a lot of bridesmaids! I don't think I could handle more than 5, much less afford it, but to each their own though. Pretty dresses!
Related: 10 Must-See Wedding Dress Trends from the Runways
5. Did somebody say open bar!? I need a drink stat. All these loved up couples are starting to make me sick. I want a husband! Or a fiancé. Okay, even just a boyfriend would be nice. Ohhh, he's handsome. But is that a ring on his finger I see? Yep, yep it is. Ugh.
6. OMG, the bride looks so beautiful. I love her dress! I wonder where she got it? I wonder where I'll buy my wedding dress one day? Will I cry? Will the whole experience be like one big Say Yes To The Dress episode? Ah, a girl can dream...
7. I can't wait for my own wedding one day! If only I could find the right person. Are there any cute boys here? Hey, they always say it happens when you least expect it, right? I mean, you never know...
8. Psh, who cares about guys! This wedding is awesome! Free food, free drinks, free music. Thank god for my girls. I have the best friends. I love them! I love everyone! I love dancing!
More From Brides.com:
The Most Iconic Brides of All Time